13. The Story is of Track

A.N: Sorry I haven't been updating the year is ending and I had to raise my grades. Um, slight angts this chapter? Is this angts? Overprotective Choi Han alert.

Cale believed in his older brother's motto. But he had made his own one he always tended to follow.

"Live the life of a spectator, don't intervene unless called to action, and if called deal with it swiftly and quietly."

Yes, Cale was like this, he was the definition of living life on Speedrun Level.

Could you truly blame him? He was a prodigy a child genius for bloody sake, if he wanted too he could've taken over the entire kingdom.

But no, instead he chose to not intervene in people's problems and watch as a bystander.

So now was quite a rare case, his Hyungs were in the hospital and his original Earth needed saving...

If that wasn't a climatic moment then Cale didn't know the meaning was.

And honestly at times like these he wished he didn't, but the image of Kim Rok Soo lying comatose on a hospital attached to hundreds of machines never truly left his mind.

"-oung master? YOUNG MASTER?!"

Cale flinched at the teen's loud voice.

"Choi Han can you please lower your voice...?" Cale snapped his voice was soft but it held an air destruction to it.

Choi Han froze at the cold tone.

He was going to ask the young master if he should get going to start the second task, but no matter how hard he knocked the door no answer was given.

He quickly opened the door with a worrisome look across his face. Only to find Cale sitting on his bed staring into  space, his mind elsewhere.

He found that the Young Master held no reaction to him blatantly opening the door without permission.

And that's when he say it, his young Master's reaction.

His body began to shake his pupils dilating so far the looked like little specks, his breathing turning from steady to short uneven gasps.

His hands were trembling, gripping the beds sheets, his knuckles whitened.

"Master? Master? Young master...? YOUNG MASTER?!" He called out.

Choi Han didn't care if Cale yelled at him he grabbed onto the weaker male in tightly.

'He was fine, the young master was fine he HAS TO BE FINE?! I'LL KILL THE THING THAT MADE HIM THIS WAY. I'LL KILL IT BUT NOT BEFORE PULLING IT THROUGH HELL AND MAKE IT WISH FOR DEATH... Yeah he'll do just that...'

(Me: You dead. 😬
GoD: Yes I am... )

Choi Han had just gotten someone to care for after the Harris Village.

Someone who took him in just like they did, someone who made him feel the teensiest bit normal... someone who didn't judge him.

Someone who had a purpose planned for him, Choi Han didn't know what it was and honestly he didn't care... the small bit of sanity he'd regained to to Cale's care had gone out the window.

He gripped the male lightly not wishing to hurt him.

Then he felt it, the steadying breathes of his young master and the gradually calming heartbeat as he grasped the red-head. Gently whispering blurs of nothingness into his ears, as he were to calm him like a child.

Around twenty minutes later he felt him fall asleep. Choi Han frowned still maddened and in a state of disarray he gently set the male in a comfortable sleeping position before heading to his desk. Taking a piece of parchment and a fountain pen he began to write.

'I am sorry to have bothered you Cale-nim . I have gone to complete the second task you gave me I'll back after I have succeeded and calmed my thoughts. Till then please stay safe,

Sincerely, Choi Han.'

'That'll do.'

The black-haired male then proceeded softly leave the room. Trying his best to keep quiet as to not wake up Cale-nim.