6. The Cat Tribe

A.N: Sorry to say I won't be able to update as much as before (since school is back) but I'll try to update as much as possible. Enjoy.

Cale sighed as the sound of happy children made its way to his ears.

So, his plan was already working dozens of kids (and some adults) sat on picnic blankets as they ate what might've been their first bit of food in days.

It was truly a sight it seems the slums had life breathed back into it and had gained hope after so many years.

And all it took was a couple of million Gallons.

Honestly, Cale was a little bit glad that his act of service what getting such pleasing results.

Heck even nobles started donating to the new Thames Hearth Center.

Yeah he named it after his mother, Sue him.

It was around half way built and was still going. Cale had estimate about a week more before the thing opens for business.

And as for the blasted tree...?

He was currently carrying a big bag filled with bread and somehow managing to go unnoticed.

Atleast that's what he thought.

"Wait! Don't go there you'll die!"

Cale turned around, slowly as to not drop the cargo and was met with... a rather displeasing sight.

Two kids.

No! Not the kids! Their condition is what was displeasing.

They appeared looked to have many scratches and bruises. Not to mention they were covered in dirt and grime and wearing old rags that were barely clinging to there skinny forms.

The one that had yelled out was a girl with messy silver hair and golden eyes. Cale took note that she was limping... most likely a sprain.

The other one was obviously younger. He had soft disheveled red hair and golden eyes just like what Cale assumed was his older sister.

"Please, sir! That's a Man-eating tree if you'll get to close you'll-"

"I'll be fine." Answered Cale before gently ruffling the little worried girl's hair.

"Look I won't die. And if you keep this quiet I'll compensate you for it." He smiled before pulling out to large loaves of bread and handing it to the starving kids.

The kids grew quiet.

The little red head decided to speak up.

"And y-you're sure you'll b-be fine...?" The kid muttered.

Cale chuckled before ruffling his hair too.

The boy pouted, but his eyes looked warm.

"I'll be back with more food. And as far as your concerned... I was never here."

The kids nodded not entirely convinced but still listening either way.

And Cale the and proceeded to walk away to the direction of the tree.

As soon as he reached it he opened the bag and plopped the bread unceremoniously on the ground.

Within seconds the bread was gone swallowed up by the thing holding what Cale wanted.

_ More! Please more!_

'OK fatass'

Cale didn't really like to insult people but he was raised in a lab working with a lot of stressed and tired adults.

He grew up to become quite pessimistic.

So yeah, um, don't take it to heart Glutton.

"I'll be back tomorrow." He sighed.

He then walked out seeing the two kids eating the bread and talking amongst themselves.

"All right, Cat form now."

The two kids eyes narrowed tensing ready to defense.

"Oh, don't freak out so much. I can't adopt two children without some sort of political drama. So cat form it is."

Both stared wide-eyed before looking at eachother one last time.

Before both turning back and being grabbed gently by the tsundere.

"Just know that I'll take care of you but you better get ready to work when I need you too. I ain't a charity worker."

'Tell that to the rest of the territory.' Both cats thought but nodded their head nonetheless.