The Boyfriend

chapter eight: the boyfriend

It is now almost a week later and you've already broken off the arrangement you had with your parents. They then had a falling out with Rai's family, but both sides got over it quickly. They plan on using the next in line anyway and your pretty sure your little brother will be more than happy to finally get his first girlfriend.

So, yes, you did break up with your boyfriend. However, technically, he broke up with you claiming that it was his decision not to be with you. But you don't really care so you just said goodbye and walked away.

And luckily, thanks to Aizawa as well as your own merits of doing so well in school, Principal Nezu has kept you on a scholarship with Endeavor agreeing to help you out however you need it. Todoroki was happy, too, to see his dad do some good for the future of other pro heroes besides those of his own.

You are now walking back to your dorm beside Torodoki when he pulls you aside beside a small river on the opposite side of your building. He takes you gently by the hand and takes a step closer to you.

"I'm really glad you're staying here," he begins as he stares straight into your soul, causing you to lose your breath for a moment.

"You know how I feel about you," he then continues. "And I don't want you to leave just as quickly as you came into my life."

"Well, I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon," you smile.

"Good."

You then take a deep breath and realize that it's now or never to admit that he makes your heart melt every time you look at him. "I've got something to confess, too," you explain vaguely, making him look at you with confusion as though it isn't totally obvious what you're about to admit.

"I feel the same way. I don't want you to leave and I enjoy every second I'm with you. Being with you makes me so happy. And I've felt that way since we met I've just been so scared of messing things up with my parents and what I was meant to do. I'm sorry."

Todoroki's eyes widen as he listens to you speak. "You don't have to apologize," he tells you as he grips your hands a bit tighter. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," you reply, hoping he's about to ask what you hope he's going to ask.

"Will you be with me? I mean, as in be my girlfriend?"

"Of course!" you smile, throwing your arms around his neck and pulling him into the first guiltless kiss the two of you have shared.

As you then pull away from him, you look over and see Mina, Jirou, Yaoyorozu, Tsuyu, Uraraka, and part of Hagakure.

"I'll see you later, Y/N," Todoroki smiles as he gently releases your hands from his grasp.

"See ya," you hum back as you watch him walk away.

Hagakure then skips up to you as happy as can be. "OMG you're finally together!" she practically squeals.

"It took you long enough!" Jirou adds with a smile.

"I'm so glad you can finally be with him!" Uraraka adds. "The two of you look so happy together."

"We are," you happily assure her.

"Oh, by the way, Y/N, what are you doing tonight?" Yaoyorozu asks.

"Nothing. We didn't plan a date or anything he only asked me to be his girlfriend. Should I have said something?" You ask a bit worriedly.

"No, no, that isn't what we meant," Mina shakes her head. "We want to know if you're busy tonight so we can throw a party!"

"A party? For what?"

"For all of the intern and job offers we got after the big event last week, ribbit," Tsuyu croaks.

"Then yeah, I'm free and I'd love to go!" you grin excitedly.

"Are you sure," Jirou whispers.

"Why wouldn't I be?" you whisper back. "It sounds like fun."

"Because Mina's gonna be there," he replies, catching Mina's ears.

"Hey, I heard that! What was that for?!"

"It means that you get way too nosy when you're drunk," Jirou scoffs.

"That's kinda true..." Tsuyu thinks aloud.

Uraraka scratches the back of her neck as she chuckles awkwardly. "I mean that is how I ended up with Deku..." she admits.

Your eyes widen as you look at how they all seem to be staring you down. "Noooo, it's not like that with Todoroki and I!" you attempt to assure them.

Mina crosses her arms at your little fib. "Yeah, right!"

"We just started dating," you remind them.

"But it won't be like that for long," Hagakure sings.

"Do you think you're ready for that next step?" Yaoyorozu then asks.

You can feel your hands begin to sweat at her questions. You've got no idea what to say. Sure, you've been with your boyfriend like that before but with Todoroki it still feels weird to even think of him that deeply in that way. Considering that only a week ago you had a different boyfriend, you still feel a bit guilty about it all.

"I don't know," you admit. "I've always tried not to think of him like that because I was with Rai before and I knew having those thoughts was totally wrong..."

"But now you aren't with Rai," Jirou reminds you. "You're with Todoroki and you don't need to feel guilty about that at all. You should be happy and enjoy the time that you have with him. Take it at your own pace but just remember to do what makes you happy."

She's right just like always. You no longer have to be all worried about your feelings with Todoroki. Besides, now you don't need to be anything but happy when you spend time with him now, and that will feel so good.

"Thanks, Jirou," you smile. "I will."

As Jirou wraps her arms around you, the others smile and giggle in excitement. "Come on," she says to you, "let's go inside so we can all get ready and then meet up again in a little while."

"Where's the party going to be?" you ask.

"Of campus, definitely," Mina replies as she thinks aloud. "But we're not quite sure yet."

"I thought Sero came up with something. Guess we'll just have to go ask him," Hagakure adds.

Mina nods. "Good. That's one less thing for us to worry about. Come on, let's go ask."