The Cheater

chapter five: the cheater

During the evening the next day, you and Todoroki partner up outside of the gym. You find yourself suddenly hit with ropes of fire barreling towards your direction which you quickly suck in only to return a lightning bolt right back at him. However, as you're throwing the bolt in his direction, you trip over a bit of scorched, cracked ground and your bolt shoots straight up into the air. As for yourself, Todoroki grabs you by your other hand and pulls you towards him, catching you before you can fall.

"What the hell is this?" you hear a voice boom from across the small area. The two of you look over in the direction of the voice and see Bakugou staring you both down. Though Bakugou doesn't seem to completely hate you like he does with others, you quickly back yourself away from Todoroki and dust yourself off.

"We were just sparring and I tripped," you reply to him.

"That doesn't explain why he caught you like that," he scoffs.

"It's really nothing. I was going to fall..."

"It doesn't look like nothing," he insists, crossing his arms as he looks down upon the two of you. "Don't you have a boyfriend? What the hell is wrong with you? It's one thing to spar with him but it's another to lie and cheat on him!"

You tense up, realizing that Bakugou must have known about what you and Jirou lied to Rai about the other day, and you do remember Rai saying he was friends with a hot-tempered first year.

Bakugou then begins to walk away, shaking his head as he departs. You look over at Todoroki worriedly before telling him that you'll be right back. Todoroki looks completely bewildered at what his classmate was just talking to you about. You do feel bad, but your priority is now on Bakugou as you chase after him.

You rush towards Bakugou through the gym and reach out to grab him by the arm. However, he turns around and punches you straight in the gut before you have the chance. You clutch your stomach and gasp for air as he looks down at you with absolutely no remorse.

"What the hell do you want from me?" he asks as though he's got no idea what you're about to talk about.

"What did Rai tell you?" you reply, wondering how much Bakugou knows about your life.

"I'm not stupid, I figured out the whole thing by the end of your first day at school here. But just because you've got no feelings for him doesn't mean you have any right to fuck around with Todoroki. If you do, you'll fuck up everything his and your parents have worked so hard for you to have!"

You narrow your eyes as he continues to tell you how to manage your own life. "What the hell do you know about my life? You've got no right to tell me what's best for me!"

"I know that you're being selfish right now. You agreed to everything your parents have asked of you thus far so how can you go and mess that up for them now? After everything you've already put yourself through?" he continues to press.