4 | Family dinner

Hinata walked out of the changing room of the studio and Naruto held his breath. She wore a short lavender body fitted dress with a low heart shaped neck and long translucent gathered sleeves with frills at the end. At her feet, she wore ankle high lavender fishnet shoes. Simple but aesthetic. That was her.

Naruto glanced down at himself. If only he knew, but with Obito describing the dress code he really couldn't do anything about that and neither did he care. Orange was his colour and it will always be. Hinata smirked.

"I have a way of leaving people, especially boys, speechless." The blonde's blood rushed to the surface of his face in anger and embarrassment. This was another reason he couldn't stand Hinata Hyūga. She was cocky and full of himself, rich coming from him but still. Her attitude was something that was out of the blue, especially when it came to him.

He was about to retaliate when the blonde French man with an unusual enthusiasm for looking 'magnifique' and all in all beautiful called the both of them over to the photo backdrop that was decorated with different coloured flowers and vines dangling down from where ever. There was a chair in the middle dressed in pale pink clothing and flowers wrapped at the back and on the feet.

Talk about exaggeration.

The two of them exchanged a 'this-isn't-over' look before walking towards the man with a seemingly impatient character. He directed on where and how to stand, or in Hinata's case, how to sit. The bluenette sat on the chair, he back straight and chin slightly pointing upwards. She had her hands, one on top of the other, rested gently on the laps and her legs slightly crossed to the side.

Naruto stood behind the chair to her right slightly facing facing her. He had one hand on her bare shoulder and the other beside him. The two of them plastered a convincing yet fake smile.

"No no no no!" The photographer clicked his tongue, lowering is camera. "Where is the smile? Madame, you were smiling radiantly and elegantly earlier on, what is the problème?" He held his hand to his face and released a deep sigh. "Give me some emotion! Think happy thoughts, unicorns, mermaids or what ever makes you happy, just sourire, ok?"

The both of them sighed before trying. Key word: Trying. This went on for an approximate of 15 minutes before the photographer was satisfied with the one shot he took. Finally, the two got used to a more believable fake smile and after minutes, they were done and the second half of the photo shooting was over.

Hinata changed out of her clothes for the umpteenth time that day and finally into the off the shoulder mini dress with a floral pattern she had on when they came to the studio. When she had changed, she walked up to the group and both families left the studio. At last Naruto could go home.

Or so he thought.

The point of him rushing to the studio wasn't for the soon be weds to just take pictures and then go home, it was originally for him to wait for Hinata to finish with one of her routines in the week and they'd go to a restaurant for dinner. After Kushina had explained this to him, Naruto's heart dropped. Just great. And he'd planned to go to Ichiraku's with Shikamaru and Sasuke.

After scowling and muttered a string of curses and inaudible words that probably made no sense, he stepped into his car that he had came it with Obito and just as he was about to close the door, Kushina placed her hands of top of the door frame, stopping it. She had an evil grin plastered on her face.

"Why don't you go with your fiancée honey? Get to know each other more." She turned over to Hinata and waved her hand in a 'get over here' manner with the grin deepening, "Why don't you hop in dear? You drive with Naruto ok?"

She really didn't give them much of a choice in this situation, so without really persisting, Hinata slid into the passenger seat, put her seatbelt on and turned to look outside the window for anything that would take her mind off the fact she was made to drive in the same car as that blonde.

Naruto noticed this and in anger, pulled the handbrake. He didn't want to talk to her anyways. He fixed his phone onto the phone stand in front of him after typing in the address of where ever they were going and stepped on the gas pedal.

-

Finally the drive was over. If Naruto had stayed in that car for any longer, he would have suffocated on awkwardness. The entire drive was silent and all Hinata ever did was go on her phone. And if that wasn't worse, his stomach growled at least four times while Hinata tried to suppress her laughter. It didn't work.

Naruto parked his car right behind the one his parents were in and when he stepped out, his expression twisted in blandness. He left his guys night out at Ichiraku's to have dinner with none other than the Hyūga's in a fancy restaurant. Like his day couldn't get any worse.

He locked his car and stuffed his keys into his pocket and trudged into the restaurant behind his parents. They went in and were escorted to a table for five with the help of a waiter. Naruto and Hinata sitting with Kushina while Minato and Hiashi sat across them.

Hiashi briefly thanked the waiter then turned back to face the two teens and cleared his throat forcing both of them to drop the menu they were fighting out of shock. Hinata cleared her throat and slid the menu over to Naruto, veins forming either sides of her eyes.

A smirk formed on the blonde's face as he picked up the menu and flapped it open. "So Hinata," Minato started, opening the menu that laid in front of him, "What do you do in your free time?"

The bluenette glanced over her dad who took small sips of his cold water and glared at her through the brink of his cup, "U-um, I draw and paint, sometimes I design clothes and when I get the chance I actually make them, I play the violin, piano and the shakuhachi (Japanese bamboo flute)."

Minato blinked a few times them picked up his cup and took a sip, "That's amazing. It's nice to know my soon-to-be daughter-in-law is talented," he stressed on the word 'talented' while glaring at Naruto who paid him not attention. "What kind of clothes do you design?"

"Any actually, I designed this one I'm wearing and sometimes I make changes to clothes I have when I prefer them in a different style." For some reason, the bluenette felt comfortable and relaxed when talking to Minato. She wasn't tensed or on edge like she was when talking to her father, and the conversation flowed. She felt light in her heart. But good things always come to an end and she of all people knew that.

Hiashi called a waiter after everyone but Hinata had decided what to eat and after a while, he came back with a tray with their food on. The foods were distributed to their rightful owners and Hinata was given a plate of salad and a cup of raspberry leaf tea.

Naruto eyes his plates of omlets, omurice, sushi and a rather large bowl of ramen, then looked over at Hinata's. Without thinking, he pushed his plate of omlets towards her, facing the opposite direction. A blush crept onto his face and Hinata only stared. She was about to accept it when she felt her father's glare drilling holes to the side of her head.

She hesitated before shaking her head slightly and pushing the plate back to the blonde who received it with open arms. It wasn't like he wanted to give it away anyways, especially to her of all people. Minato noticed the tense the thick fog of awkwardness that was starting to form around the table then cleared his throat.

"So Hinata," he picked up his chopsticks and snapped it free, "How do you feel about marrying my son? We didn't really discuss this as a family did we?"

"Hinata is my daughter," Hiashi forced himself to proclaim the fact the the fragile being in front of him was indeed his flesh and blood, "She will do what I say." The natural happiness in the bluenette's eyes immediately disappear and her eyes narrowed slightly.

"Excuse me Hiashi, I was talking to Hinata," Minato turned once again to the bluenette, "What do you think about marrying my son?" he asked again. Hiashi gripped onto the handle of his cup tighter than he was supposed to and glared at Hinata. She really didn't like the situation she was in at the moment. She wanted to be honest and blurt out her opinion but with a certain Hyūga sitting across her, she really couldn't.

"Whatever my father says is what I will do."