22 | Christmas Party

Hinata hung the glittery white banner over the appointed areas in the school gym in which the Christmas Party was going to be held. The room was decorated with white, red and green lights, balloons in each corner and tables lined and soon to be filled with food. Ino walked up to her with a clipboard in her hand as she stepped down the ladder.

"Thank you so much for helping on such short notice, especially after you had just recovered from your amni-whatever Sakura called it, you're a real lifesaver y'know?" Hinata smiled back at the blonde,

"It's fine, actually. Also, whose idea was it for a Christmas Party and who chose the 'Red Carpet' theme?" A proud smirk made its way to the blonde's face and she placed her hands on her hips with a puff of breath.

"Brilliant idea isn't it? And I thought of all of it. I was talking about it with Sai during Art with Deidara-senpai, and I have come to learn that the poor child doesn't know when and when not to say something. He went and spilt all my ideas to Kakashi-sensei, who somehow convinced Tsunade-sama to make it happen. And now I'm here, with no experience in leadership, ordering people around." Hinata chucked at her friend's story, taping the balloon to the wall.

"I think you're doing well. There's nothing left to do now and the party is tomorrow. Have you found a date yet?" Ino laughed into her sleeves, eyeing the Hyūga girl,

"I never thought you'd ask that type of question. The answer is no, I have not, which is why I am inviting the group to mine tonight to decide that, though I guess everyone is going with their fiancé and fiancée but my life has been real boring lately and I need some drama."

"I don't think my dad would let me waltz into some drama you're planning to create Ino-san." The blonde shook her head with a waft of her hand,

"Just tell him you're going out with Naruto, it'll be fine." Hinata pursed her lips. That was a good enough excuse but she didn't like the idea, at least her brain didn't like it. Seeing the bluenette had gone quiet, Ino placed her hands on her shoulders, "Trust me, if anything happens, I've got you covered girl, now you will accompany me to the canteen, I'm hungry." Hinata hummed, following the blonde towards the school cafeteria.

-

"Alright!" Ino fell onto the heap of pillows she had piled up and arranged in her room, scanning the people who were present, "Hey Sak, where's your emo duck?" Sakura rolled her eyes as she slumped down beside her blonde friend,

"He has some modelling to finish up. We're testing out some prototypes for the runway. We finished ages ago but he was being 'special' and stayed extra time in the studio. Mikoto'll probably kick him out in a while so it's fine. Anyways, why are we gathered here for a sleepover at such a short notice? And how did anyone convince Shikamaru to join?"

"Perks of being a childhood friend to such a wonderful person as me."

"Arguable," the brunette answered half asleep, causing Ino to roll her eyes.

"Anyways, I was bored and decided before the Christmas Party tomorrow and before we leave for the holidays, we should spend some time together, like the loving friend group we are!" Temari let out a cough and Ino stared at her from the corner of her eyes, "What?"

"Nothing. What movie are we watching then?"

"Oh we're not watching a movie yet, we gotta wait for Sasuke to arrive. Until then, let's create some unnecessary but funny drama cuz my life is boring and I need entertainment. If it gets personal or offensive just shake your head and we'll drop the topic and move on okay? Now! Hinata,"

"Oh no," Ino laughed at the bluenette, placing a hand on her shoulder with a mischievous smile,

"How has your film been going?" Surprised by her question, Hinata sat up from the crouched position she had put herself in and opened her eyes,