16 | Nightmare

"Help! Help! Someone please help!"

"Has someone called for help yet? Call the police! The fire department!"

"Holy shit! The fire keeps growing? Was there anyone left behind?"

"No, I don't think so. I would hope not."

Loud screams and cries filled the air as people crowded around the burning home. No one was sure if there was anyone left behind seeing as there wasn't any vehicles in the driveway.

Nonetheless, the proper authorities were alerted and help was on the way.

All the loud ruckus startled a sleepy and dazed [Y/N] awake. She slowly opened her eyes but as soon as she did they began to burn in pain. Gasping out loud, she shielded her eyes with her hands as she frantically looked around through squinted eyes.

Her heart sank as the wheels in her brain began moving. The bedroom that she so fondly remembered was covered in thick, dark smoke. She mistakenly inhaled the smoke causing her to go into a small coughing fit as it filled her lungs.

She's wasn't sure how this all happened nor why but right now, she needed to get out of here now. She ran towards her window to see loads of people swarming her home. They stood outside screaming and yelling as they awaited for help to arrive. Though, it seemed like no one seemed to notice [Y/N] who stood by the window. She banged on her window with her fists, hoping to alert someone of her presence although to no avail.

No matter. She would have to take matters into her own hands. Slipping on some shoes, she quickly tugged on her window with all her might hoping that she might be able to force it to open. The window didn't seem to budge despite the amount of force [Y/N] was exerting.

"Damn it! Why isn't it opening?!" [Y/N] yelled in frustration whilst her fingers grew weak from all that pulling. The more she tugged at the window, the bigger the flames seemed to grow. They were growing and growing at an alarming rate, almost nearing to [Y/N]'s room.

Panic began to set in as soon as she realized that death may occur. This just might be the end for her. The only other way to escape besides the window would be going to the door and hope that the fire hasn't neared her room.

She darted to the door in hopes that perhaps she could finally escape from this inferno. With an outstretched hand, it just made a small bit of contact with the doorknob when she felt a sharp stinging pain. She retracted her hand and saw it left a deep red mark on it due to the doorknob being so hot.

Ever so slowly, she felt like giving up and facing her supposed doom. How awful. So cruel.

No one knows she's even stuck in there and by the time help arrives, it'll all be too late. They'll only realize that someone was stuck in there when they find her remains. What did she even do to deserve such a gruesome end?

[Y/N] walked back over to the window to take one last look at the outside world. Her eyes skimmed over the faces in hopes of recognizing anyone in the crowd. She frowned as she didn't recognize anyone. A look of defeat graced her features as she thought about the end. She'll succumb to death, a fiery one at that, with loads of unfamiliar faces surrounding her once beloved home.

So, that's it huh?

She'll die there all alone. In her own home.

Just as she was to accept her fate in peace, her eyes made contact to a very familiar pair of green eyes. Outside among the crowd, she was right there. It was Daisy. Daisy stood outside along with the crowd as she looked right at the window where [Y/N] stood by. Their eyes both met with each other.