15 | Escape

As Jeff led the way out of the woods, [Y/N] could not help the urge to look back. And so she did. She glanced back to look at the cabin going up in flames, the building collapsed to the ground whilst the flames seemed to grow in size. The fiery orange glow was like a candle in a pitch dark room with the night sky being so dark as it is now. A bright orange flame in the middle of some dark, lonely woods.

It could have been a really interesting sight to stay and watch had a murder not been committed just earlier ago. A brutal murder at that. It would've been something that [Y/N] would've stuck around for. But with these circumstances, she could not. She would not. Yet, she was surprised that not even Jeff wanted to stick around. His psychotic self sure would've loved to stay back and admire his work but much to [Y/N]'s surprise he didn't. She wondered why that is. Unless, he had some other plans to tend to. Or perhaps she's judging him too harshly...

[Y/N] had to mentally slap her self from those idiotic thoughts she was currently having.

'Judging Jeff too harshly? Yeah get real for once, [Y/N].' she mentally scolded herself for even thinking of such a thing. [Y/N] quickly forgot those silly thoughts and turned back around facing the opposite direction of the now burning cabin, her eyes focused on Jeff.

[ Y/N] felt her heart ache realizing that Bambi had to meet her doom this way. She felt like a failure seeing as she could only watch as Bambi endured Jeff's wrath. Bambi's death won't be in vain. No, [Y/N] will make sure that Jeff pays for his actions. She will make sure that this monster pays for this. This killer will not only pay for this, but will also pay for his past crimes.

For Vera. For Macy. For Bambi. They need to be avenged.

[Y/N] will do everything in her power from now on to prevent Jeff from taking anymore lives. At least as long as she's with him. She'll have to endure his wrath but only she can end this cycle of cruelty.

[Y/N] instantly snapped out of her thoughts when Jeff came to a complete halt, causing her to run into his back since she wasn't watching where she was going. Jeff glanced back at her, giving her a death glare before rolling his eyes. "Watch where you're going you fucking idiot." He snarled bitterly.

[Y/N] narrowed her eyes at him in irritation. Having to deal with this man was not only irritating but as well as bothersome. The lack of sympathy and decency from the killer was absolutely astounding though not surprising. She so desperately wanted to give him a piece of her mind, but she held back as she knew it would cause even more problems. [Y/N] bit down on her tongue to prevent her from saying something she might regret in the long run. She took a deep breath in and exhaled to let go of her pent up anger.

They stopped their running seeing as they were far from the burning building. Since they were too far gone, they opted to walk the rest of the way out. The both of them were now far away from the cabin, almost to the end of the wooded area.

Along the way out, a bad feeling began to form in the pit of [Y/N]'s stomach. She realized what happened, fully comprehended the entire situation. What all went down back there. Without a doubt, someone is going to find that cabin and once they do they're going to investigate it. They'll have to figure out what caused it as well as who did it. Not only that, but they'll find Bambi's body. Though, who knows? They may not be able to identify her due to the state of her remains after that hellacious fire.

There's also another worry in [Y/N]'s mind. What if the police find out that she was there at the scene of the incident? Who's to say that Jeff didn't deliberately plant some type of DNA evidence that would result in fingers being pointed at [Y/N]. He probably did something before hand that could result in her being thrown to jail. It certainly wouldn't be shocking if he did such a thing.

[Y/N]'s eyes focused on Jeff, who was guiding them out of the woods. He didn't seem to have any type of worry lurking over his head. Instead, he seemed relaxed after what all occurred. It was quite scary to see such a thing. He walked along the trail in his clothing that was completely covered in blood. Bambi's blood.

[Y/N] glanced down at her own clothing to inspect her own outfit, afraid of confirming her worst fear. She let out a deep breath of relief as no blood got on to her clothing, thankfully. Otherwise, it would've caused problems back home.

She looked back up at Jeff just to see him strolling along nonchalantly, his hands buried deep in to the pockets of his hoodie. [Y/N] wished she could act or feel as if nothing is wrong. Act like nothing major completely happened back there but she couldn't in the very end. The further they got away from the cabin, the more she grew worried at being caught for it.

"Jeff," [Y/N] whispered very quietly under her breath that Jeff almost didn't even hear her. "What?" He said. "What do you want?"

[Y/N] tried to find the right words to say without angering him. "Do you—you think we'll get caught for this?" She asked him, as she messed with the hem of her top whilst her anxiety levels steadily rose. Jeff stopped in his tracks, slowly turning on his heel to look back at [Y/N]. A sly smirk grew on his face once he took note of her distraught appearance. He let out a small laugh before shaking his head. "I highly doubt it. This isn't the first time I've done something like this," he began to explain. "In fact, this is like my third time doing something like this. I've been doing this sort of thing for years now and look! I'm still out and about! Those police officers are awful at their job so no I don't think we'll get caught. I don't make mistakes, I hope you know that [Y/N]. I always watch my steps and make sure I get away from things. That's how I've been able to slip away." He explained with a proud smile displayed on his face.

[Y/N] didn't reply, just simply nodded her head at his explanation. She just accepted it as it is and hoped for the best, as it's all she could do for now.

The duo walked for a couple of more minutes and in no time they were finally out of those woods. The moment they left the woods, [Y/N] felt 10x times almost as if a heavy weight has been lifted off of her shoulders.

Jeff shuffled closer to [Y/N]'s personal space, causing her to take several steps away from him. His usual signature creepy, wide smile graced his scarred face. His eyes were dilated as he stared at [Y/N].

"Wasn't that so fun?" He asked, his smile growing even more wide if that's even possible. She said nothing, opting to stay quiet and focusing her eyes on to her feet. Jeff let out an exasperated groan, seeing as she kept quiet.

"Ugh fine then. You don't have to answer me then. Do you think you can get home from here?" He asked her which caused her to finally look up at him. She then looked around, becoming more familiar with the area before nodding her head. "I think so." She answered him.

"Good, 'cuz I honestly didn't want to walk you home. Well, you got it from here then. Just don't forget what I said, alright? From now on, I'm going to drop by and see how my apprentice is doing and every now and then we'll go to have some fun. How does that sound?" He stated rather happily. She kept quiet, only bobbing her head up and down in agreement.

Jeff let out a sigh and turned in the other direction, getting ready to go on his way. "Just don't forget about what I said. From now on, I will never, ever, give you a moment's peace from, you hear? Just do what I tell you and you'll live a long easy life!"

With that said, Jeff turned and made his way in the opposite direction from where [Y/N] would be traveling. What an odd guy...

[Y/N] took a deep breath, before proceeding back to her home. Her body ached for her bed as her mind seriously needed a break from everything. So, she began her journey to travel back home in hope for some rest after this crazy night.

She could feel her legs burning due to aching pain, her body even more sore. In the span of 20 minutes of continuous walking, she finally made it back home. She knew she couldn't walk through the front door due to not having her key. Her only option was to break in the through the window to her room. She managed to open it and slip inside to the comfort of her own personal living quarters.

She then jumped into the shower to scrub her body clean from all the sweat and smell from earlier ago, making sure to get every crook and cranny. Afterwards, [Y/N] changed into the most comfiest of pajamas she could find before she hopped into bed.

As soon as her back hit her bed, her eyes closed in an instant as she welcomed slumber with open arms.

She was at peace at last...