05 | Disappearance

It was as if time stood still for a moment there.

Neither Daisy nor [Y/N] moved a muscle as they were frozen in fear.

In their minds, they were hoping that this whole ordeal was a big joke. Yeah, a whole prank show that they're on and that someone was recording them from some hidden camera in hopes of getting a reaction from them. Any minute now, someone was about to burst through the door with a camera pointed straight at their terrified faces. 'Haha you guys just got punk'd!' is what they thought they would hear, but that wasn't the case.

There wasn't any hidden cameras nor was there some camera man waiting to burst in to the scene. No...it was just them. Daisy and [Y/N]. As well as whoever it is out there wrecking havoc...

Instead, their ears were ringing at the sound of glass  shattering into millions of tiny pieces. Unfortunately for them, the cameras were offline presumably from being broken. Not a single one was up and running much to their dismay. Not even the cameras that were inside the building, meaning that whoever caused that to happen is now inside.

They're inside and very close to [Y/N] and Daisy!

[Y/N] darted her eyes towards Daisy's face and noticed the tears streaming down her face, her body shaking in fear.

She could feel it too. [Y/N] could feel the tears wanting to spring out like waterfalls. She held her hand to her chest, right above her heart and felt it. She felt how her heart was beating erratically within her body as if it wants to spring out too. The fear is overwhelming her and her whole body. That same fear filling her heart as each second goes by is also flowing into her brain and down her spine. It was a very unsettling feeling to say the least.

In that moment, she knew deep within herself that she had to be strong. Not only for her sake, but for Daisy's sake and as well as for her family. From now on, she'll have to face her fears head on and without any hesitation.

"Daisy..." whispered [Y/N] very quietly. Daisy's eyes centered their attention to the girl before her. [Y/N] brought a finger to her mouth, motioning Daisy to be very quiet. Daisy nodded her head, understanding her request and covered her mouth with both hands in case she might let out a scream.

Ever so slowly and silently, [Y/N] inched her way towards the door. What she planned on doing is to open the door very quietly and take a glimpse out there to see what was going on. To see exactly what happened. It was simple as that so it shouldn't be too hard, right? Just as long as she doesn't let the fear inside her stop herself.

As soon as Daisy saw her actions, she quickly pulled her back away from the door, startling [Y/N] in the process. Daisy violently shook her head at her, not wanting her to take any risks that might endanger her life. Who knows what going out there?

'But I have to...' [Y/N] mouthed to Daisy. 'We can't stay holed up in here forever...'

Daisy knew that. She knew very well that sitting inside the small office space wouldn't do them any good. It's practically welcoming death at that point. Daisy's lips quivered as a cry was wanting to erupt from her. Daisy did not want her to do anything risky that could result in her losing her life. She did not want to experience that feeling again, not after what had happened to her own daughter.

Unbeknownst to [Y/N], Daisy saw her as her child the moment she stepped foot in her life. Her daughter. For years, Daisy's life had been nothing but a dark void after the death of her daughter, Vera.

It put a strain on not only Daisy, but as well as her husband. Once the news broke out concerning Vera's unfortunate death, he fell sick and slept in bed all day, everyday. Until one day, he just wouldn't wake up.