03 | Fear

[Y/N] held a hand over her mouth as to not let out a bloodcurdling scream. Her eyes never leaving the sight of that bloody hand print that was left on her car window. She was frozen in her seat, her body feeling so cold in that very moment.

Her whole body shook with fright. She was at a loss. She didn't know what to do. What was she supposed to do?

She felt as tears started to form in her eyes, spilling over the edge and streaming down her face. 'Was this the end? Is this where I finally die?' She thought.

She scanned the area around her car then around her home. Nothing in particular stood out to her. Nothing out of the sorts atleast.

'Okay, just gotta make a run for it. The door is right there...just gotta run...'

[Y/N] grabbed her belongings and was ready to dart inside, hoping that nothing went totally wrong in the process.

With shaky hands, she quickly opened her car door, slamming it shut afterwards and darted inside her house. 'I'm in...' she thought to herself once she made it inside. Her back leaned against the door as she studied her surroundings. She let out a sigh of relief as she realized she was indeed inside of her home.

'I'm really inside my house...' she thought to herself.

She made her away around the house, though it seemed that none of her family members were up at this time. She grabbed her phone out of her pocket and realized that it was indeed late. It was already half past eleven.

But before she forgets, she scrolls down her contact list on her phone and finds Daisy's contact information and dials her number. The line rings for a couple of seconds until Daisy finally answers. "Oh [Y/N]! Are you okay!? You made it home, right?" she asks in a very worried tone. [Y/N] chuckles and answers, "Ah yes, I finally made it home. I'm totally ok-"

[Y/N] paused mid-sentence and contemplated for a moment. She thought back to the incident that occurred on her way home and how there was a bloody hand print left behind on her car window. 'Should I really be telling her this? She might have a heart attack...'

Daisy sensed that something was wrong from the way [Y/N] suddenly stopped speaking. "Honey is something wrong? Are you okay?! What's happening?" she screamed. Her screaming over the phone brought [Y/N] back to reality. [Y/N] let out a cough and decided she was going to keep the incidents that occurred a secret from Daisy.

"Oh! I'm okay Daisy. Really I am, I just uh...realized how late it was!" [Y/N] said sheepishly. "Besides, are you okay Daisy?" [Y/N] said in hopes of changing the subject away from her. Daisy let out a sigh of relief. "Oh I'm okay, sweetie...just tired." she answered. "Well [Y/N], I better let you go now. It's late and I'm sure you're tired too."

"Yeah definitely, it's been a long day for me." [Y/N] replied.

They both said their farewells to one another and ended the call. [Y/N] wasn't sure what to feel after lying to Daisy. Now, she was wondering if she made the right decision in that moment of not telling Daisy what had happened to her. [Y/N] put her phone away and decided not to think about it anymore. She made the choice and hopefully it doesn't come back to haunt her future.

Here's to hoping...

She took a deep breath in and let the matter rest. She was too tired to think and so she made her way to her bedroom.

As she opened the door to her room, she was so happy to see her bed. Delighted. It was simply a wonderful sight. She dashed up to her bed and jumped on it. 'Ugh it feels so good...so good to be home finally...' she thought, but suddenly remembered she needed to change into her pajamas.

Groaning out loud, she forced herself to get off her bed. Once off, she quickly picked out the comfiest outfit she could find. Although before she could have a chance to change, she heard something hit her bedroom window.

She froze at this sudden sound. It was that same feeling settling in again...that feeling of fear coursing through her veins. Slowly, she made her way to her window and carefully took a peak outside to see what that noise was. Her eyes grew wide as saucers as she could not believe the sight before her eyes.

It was none other than Jeff.

He sat on the hood of [Y/N]'s car, holding several rocks in his hand. He stared into [Y/N]'s eyes and the only thing she could do is stare back. She felt as if he was staring deep in her soul, causing a new sense of fear in her heart though this fear felt so much more intense than ever before.

She had her eyes trained on him and only him. She didn't know what to do, as her whole body was frozen in shock. This is the first time she could get a really good look at him, unfortunately. He was wearing that same white hoodie that she saw him in before though this time it was covered in a deep scarlet substance which [Y/N] assumed was blood.

She also noticed his hands were completely covered in blood, and his face had splatters of blood too. She watched as he grabbed a rock from in his hand and aim at [Y/N]. Then, he thrust his forward about to throw it at her window causing the girl to flinch and fall down on her rear.

Yet, there was no noise. She didn't hear the sound of the small rock hitting much to her confusion. She picked herself off the ground and looked out her window once again as Jeff was literally laughing his ass off. He laughed like there was no tomorrow. He was enjoying his time terrorizing [Y/N].

She caught on as she realized his intentions. He was scaring her, toying with her emotions and yet he was doing a damn good job at it too.

Jeff proceeded to grab another rock and aim again for her window. This time he let of the rock. [Y/N] flinched once again as she saw that he actually let go of the rock.

She fell back and heard the rock hit her window. Thankfully, it didn't shatter her window much to her relief. She got up and noticed that the rock did leave a crack. She peered outside and noticed that Jeff was no longer there.

Panic started to set in, as she realized that he could be any where in this moment. She grabbed her phone and rushed towards her bed. She grabbed her covers and clutched them in her hands along with her phone in case she had to call the police if something were to happen.

She couldn't stop her body from shaking violently as millions of thoughts filled her head.

'Am I going to die? Is this how it all ends? Being murdered by some psychotic murder?! A monster... who has a wide smile carved across his face. A maniac who has no eyelids, with dark rings circled around his eyes...'

[Y/N] began to sob quietly as she couldn't stop herself from thinking these awful things.

'Why did my parents move here in the first place? This would've never happened if we never came here...' she thought to herself.

'No...this would've never happened if I never let that girl in...Macy...' she thought bitterly to her self. 'If I hadn't let her in, that deranged killer wouldn't be after me now.'

'Why...why did I try to save her? Look at the mess I've been dragged into by trying to help her. Now, I'm probably going to end up dead just like she did.'

The girl clutched her phone to her chest as she silently cried her eyes out. Just the thought of dying by the hands of some lunatic murderer made her skin crawl. She didn't want to die at such a young age. She still had decades ahead of her. Why now? There was still things she wanted to do. She didn't want to die. Not at all. Not now...

She stared up at the ceiling and soon realized the mess not only was she dragged into, but also Daisy and her family.

They might also die because of her. It's her fault...if they happen to die it'll because of [Y/N].

She muffled her cries into her pillow, careful not to wake anyone up.

For the rest of the night, she stayed up all night too afraid to sleep.

Her thoughts not giving her the chance to relax nor get rest at all.