Losing My Mind

Asia sat on the couch with her hands on her face and everyone crowded around her. D and Shanay sat on opposite sides next to her while Tommy and Briana stood a few feet away in front of her. She was so stressed out and hadn't slept in days and you could tell. Even though she was still together on the outside, on the inside she felt like she was dying slow. "What's wrong Asia?" Shanay asked, but Asia never answered, instead she just held her head down low.
After a few moments, Shanay finally glanced over at Tommy with a worried  face before looking back at Asia who remained still and quiet. "Asia talk to us" Briana said. They were all playing spades when Asia walked in and sat down on the couch, looking completely lost and that's when everyone became concerned.

Asia looked up slowly and sat in deep thought for a second before she opened her mouth to speak "I literally feel like I'm losing my head. I'm going crazy".
"What do you mean?" Shanay asked in a calm voice as she rubbed Asia's back.
"Everything... Missing Kane... This thing with Kyle it's driving me crazy. How can I love someone I barely know, how can I replace the love of my life?" She said as she looked up at all of them with tears in her eyes.
"Who's Kyle?" Asked Tommy with a confused facial expression.
Shanay rolled her eyes "Some lame who trying to push up on Asia".
"What?" Tommy asked in a hyped tone while twisting his face up.
"He loves her, but I feel like he tryna to rush her to forget about Kane and be with him" said Shanay filling Tommy.

"You don't have to be with him Asia I told you that" D chimed in.
She looked at D with the saddest expression "But what do I do when I wanna be happy. I mean I miss Kane and I will always love him, but is it really time for me to move on?".
D looked away and swallowed hard. "I wanna be happy, but it's like the minute when I start feeling a little bit of peace I see Kane.... it's like I see him everywhere".
Shanay frowned "What you mean see him?"
Asia took a deep breath "I keep seeing him... It's like everywhere I go I see him and it's bothering me".
D looked at Tommy then back at her "Wait sis, what you mean you keep seeing him?"
"I see him everywhere... It's like his spirit is following me" she said, trying not to get emotional.

Shanay smiled "Kane is your angel... He just wanna make sure your protected boo".
Asia looked at her with a semi confused look before she looked down with her hands on her face. She took a deep breath "I filled out the divorce papers the other night" she blurted out causing them to look shocked.
Tommy looked down at the new ring on her ring finger and already knew what was up.
"Divorce papers ... No Asia" said D as he shook his head.
Asia looked over at him "I gotta let him go before I drive myself crazy D... I gotta let go" she said the last part in a whisper voice. Her soul was hurting and it was nothing nobody could do about it, she had came to the conclusion that it was really time to move on with her life.

She sat there in silence for a few minutes before she stood up "I'm going see Makayla before I go home". She hugged all of them and slowly walked out the house with her emotions up her sleeve.
When she was gone, the room got quiet and D looked at Tommy before he looked at Shanay. "Y'all can't let her move on with this nigga".
"Real shit ... She ready to marry that nigga?" asked Tommy. "He proposed to her and she so confused right now" said Shanay as she shook her head.
D jerked his head and frowned "When was this?"
"The other day" said Shanay as she threw her hands up.
"Nah we not bout to let that happen" said Tommy, shaking his head.
Briana took a deep breath "It's not really our choice y'all... At the end of the day she deserves to be happy".
D shook his head "We gotta tell her before this shit gets out of hand".
Briana chuckled and twisted her face up "Tell her what Delontae... It's nothing to tell her".
"Yeah it is" said Tommy as his bite down on the inside of his jaw.
"Kane is Alive" D blurted out.  Shanay's head jerked Delontae's direction just as Briana turned and faced him with a strange look.
"Nigga what?" Said Shanay.
Tommy took a deep breath "Babe Kane is Alive... He's not dead". Both Shanay and Briana's mouth dropped at the same time. They couldn't believe their ears because this was news to them, but it was all apart of the plan. Nobody was supposed to know at the time, but D and Tommy found out by accident and it became a secret of theirs.

     Asia had just left Shanay and Tommy's place and just wanted to be in her daughter's presence before she drove home. When Mace let her in and told her where Anika was she headed upstairs to Makayla's room. When she walked inside Makayla was inside alone sitting on the floor, playing with her toys. She squatted down in front of her and started rubbing in her long, soft curly hair. Makayla looked up at her mother with smile "What's wrong Mommy?"
Asia shook her head with a small smile "Nothing baby... I just missed you".

Makayla dropped her toys, reached over and hugged her mother. Asia held her breath so hard to fight back the tears as she held Makayla in her arms. Anika entered the room and smiled, she hadn't seen Asia in a few days and was started to worry about her. She looked at her wardrobe and even though Asia still looked beautiful she wasn't dressed up like she usual be. Instead she was dressed in a all black hoodie with black sweat pants and a pair of all black Jordans. Anika was use to see Asia dress girly girl and her she was dressed as if she was ready to go on a mission. Asia started playing with Makayla's hair again as she picked her toys up and started playing. "She needs to let me wash it, but bad butt wants to throw little temper tantrums" said Anika laughing as she put some of Makayla's folded clothes in her dresser draws.

A small smile appeared on Asia face as she continued to play with Makayla's hair, avoiding eye contact with Anika. When Asia didn't respond, Anika looked back and stared at Asia. She wasn't acting like her normal cheerful self and Anika noticed it "You okay?"
"Umm humm" said Asia, nodding her head.
Anika studied Asia's face for a minute "You know you can talk to me, right?? I know you been crying, i can tell baby".
Still not looking Anika's way, Asia just shrugged "I'm good".
Anika shook her head with a small smile on her face as she stood beside Asia "No you not... I know you Asia".

"Shit just hard" Asia mumbled while playing with Makayla's hair still.
Anika inhaled "I know it's hard baby... I know it is, but you will get through this and everything will be fine ... I promise".
Asia finally looked up at her "How?" She asked in a calm voice and glossy eyes.
Makayla turned and looked back at her grandmother as she watched her grandmother and mother stared at each other "Where's daddy at, is he coming to see me today?"

Anika's mouth dropped as she glanced at her grandbaby while Asia double blinked and her eyes never left Anika for a minute. Suddenly Asia covered her face with the back of her hand and broke down crying. In Asia's mind her daughter didn't really know what happened to her father, she just knew he wasn't around.

Anika wasted no time picking up Makayla just so she wouldn't see her mom upset and walked her towards the door. Just as Mace was walking pass, she passed Makayla to her grandfather and whispered something to him before closing the door. Anika walked back over to Asia just as she pulled herself together "I'm sorry".
Anika shook her head as she sat down next to Asia "Don't be... I know how you feel and you don't have to try to block it out... I know your hurting".
Asia looked at Anika with watery eyes "What am I supposed to do without him" she shook her head as tears fell from her eyes "I can't get him out of my mind and that's why I stayed away for so long... Too many memories here. I moved on and everything I was doing good and now I going crazy again because that pain came back. I keep seeing ya son almost everywhere I go and it hurts ... I'm confused I need understanding... Does this ever go away?"

Anika sat there teary eyed before shaking her head no. Asia wined up breaking down again as Anika pulled her into a tight hug. At that moment she wanted to tell her so bad about Kane, but her lips wouldn't move to do so.