The Gathering

Asia, Shanay, Gina and Briana stood off in a corner enjoying the party. The music was the a slow mode and it was definitely alot of Kyle's family there, old and young.
   The event held at least fifty people or more and it was decorated real fancy. You could tell the event cost hella of money not that, that matter cause all four of the girls had been around money. Asia was in the middle of talking to Briana when Kyle and his grandmother walked up to them. "Baby" he said, causing Asia to face him.
He smiled as he put his arm around his grandmother "This is pearl my grandmother and grandma this is Asia".
Pearl smiled as she shook Asia's hand "Nice to meet you baby I've heard so much about you... Kyle here talks about you all the time".
Asia chuckled surprisedly "Does he... Well I hope it's all good".
Pearl laughed "Oh yes All good. I'm so glad he found him a nice beautiful woman to settle down. He told me that y'all were getting married soon".

Asia raised her eyebrows, shocked. Shanay purposely started choking on her drink causing Asia to glance back at her. She looked back at Pearl with a small smile "Umm" was all Asia could get out before Shanay stepped in and shook Pearl's hand "It's nice to meet you I'm her cousin Shanay".
Pearl smiled again "Hello nice to meet you".
Kyle cleared up his throat "Yeah grandma I'm sure she will be in the wedding also. Her and Asia are close as ever".
Asia looked at him and lowered her eyes quickly before looking back at Pearl with a fake smile and nodded her head. Shanay looked back at Gina and shook her head, she knew her intentions was right the first time.

"Me and Kyle were talking and I was hoping that you guys could get married within two months. I think it would be great and he loves you so much dear..my grandson has never spoke on a girl so much and I'm so happy that he finally found the one" said pearl sincerely.
Asia looked down at her feet with a smile on her face before she looked back up pearl's direction. When she did, her smile faded and her concentration was completely thrown off when she spotted a man walk pass from a distance. He looked just like Kane, except he didn't fully look in her direction. Shanay and Briana followed her stared, but didn't catch nothing out.

"Asia" Kyle called her name, snapping her out of it.
"Huh?"
"Babe you okay?" He asked frowning up his face.
She nodded and took a sip of her drink as she looked around. Why was this happening to her all of sudden, it was to the point it scared her half to death. Kane was dead and gone, but for some reason she kept seeing him or felt like she did.
"Well Asia it was nice to meet you dear I'll be looking forward to see you much more" said pearl as she reached in for a hug then walked away. Shanay wasn't feeling this or him, but she wouldn't dare ruin her cousin's happiness if Kyle was who she chose to be with.

Asia sat at her dining room table in deep thought with a yellow envelope in front her. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she picked up her glass of wine and took a sip. The whole time in Texas she had programed her thoughts and was finally kind of okay excepting the Fact of husband's absents. She knew that there she was gonna be fine, but now that she was back in California memories had rushed through her head.
She took a deep breath and pulled the papers out the envelope, it was divorce paper. In her mind this was her next step to fully let Kane rest and move on with her life. She had, had the papers for a few days now, but hadn't got around to sign them. She picked up the pen and thought for a second before she signed all the papers. The tears didn't stop no matter how hard she tried to pull herself together. At that point she wasn't ready to leave Kane in the past, but she knew it was now or never to move on and get it over with. Did she really care for Kyle or was he just there to fill the empty space in her heart, she didn't know.
After putting the papers back inside the envelope she wiped her tears and got up from the table and walked away.

   D sat at the table with Anika and Mace standing next to him while Kane stood leaned against the wall with his eyes on Uncle Donny who stood a few feet away from him. "So what you want me to do?" Asked Kane.
"I just need you to lay low for a little bit longer, Tory is due to come out from hiding until then I think it's best" said uncle Donny.
Kane twisted his face up " A little bit longer?? I waited for two years. Everyone knows I'm alive except my wife who thinks I'm dead".
"Kane I know..."
"Unc no disrespect,but you don't know shit. What I'm supposed to do let her be happy with this nigga thinking I'm dead. Just forget about my girl and let another nigga slide in" asked Kane, a little hostile.

"No baby that's not what he's saying" said Anika, butting in.  He glanced at his mother "Well it sounds like that to me".
D looked up and at Kane "He's right y'all. I mean Asia has no idea that Kane is even alive and yes she's in the process of moving on".
"For her and Kane's protect son" said Mace.
"Exactly... Tory thinks that Kane is dead which means she will resurface soon. Kane, Tory isn't what you think she is... She very dangerous and bodies have dropped... Her doing to get close to you. If anyone knows that your alive then that gives her a chance to plan and come back stronger" said uncle Donny.
Kane shoved his shoulders "So let her... But I'm not about to lose my wife to another nigga behind some bitch that can't let go of the past. I don't understand why Asia is even involved".

"Asia was involved the moment she left California. We figured it would easier for Tory to resurface with Asia out the picture" said Uncle Donny.
"I'm sitting back looking like a bitch hiding from a bitch make it make sense... When have I ever hid from anyone?" Asked Kane.
"The moment you got shot and scared us half to death Kane" said Anika.
Kane shrugged "I'm sorry ma, but I ain't bout to stand back and let some nigga replace me when I'm well and alive".
"Just fall back for a little longer son" said uncle Donny, literally begging.
Kane looked him up and down "I will until I have to interfere" and with that he walked out the kitchen.

   Kane stood on the balcony in the hallway of the house and looked at the city in front of him. He was going crazy and he felt like nobody understood. Asia was his world and he had been away from her for too long, he wasn't ready to let her ride of in the sunset with another nigga.

Flashback -

   Kane laid back in the hospital bed with his eyes on the ceiling as Uncle Donny talked. Hours ago he was shot in front of his uncle's club at his father's party and he was grateful to be alive.  "Kane we need to do this" said Uncle Donny.
Kane looked at his uncle with a frown on his face "You really serious?? You want me to fake my death and have my whole family think I'm dead?"
"No just Asia" said uncle Donny.
Kane twisted his face up "Fuck no....I'm not about to hurt her like that".
"She's the key to all of this, we all know that Tory sent the hit now all we gotta do is knock out the main source and you get to go on with the rest of you life. Once she behind bars everything can go back to normal" he said as Kane shook his head.

"You wanna put this bitch behind y'all Kane?? I think you should go with" said Mace.
Kane inhaled "How we gonna do this?"
"I'm gonna put you in witness protection where only us in this room know about... Somewhere safe and clear. Nephew I just need you to trust me".  Kane laid there and stared at him uncle then his father. He couldn't believe what he was ready to sign up for especially with the type of nigga in the street he was. He slowly nodded his head before looking away, in deep thought.

Flashback over-

   Kane remained the balcony, still in deep thought. This was never supposed to be this deep nor was it supposed to been this long. He was never supposed to be away this long, but for some reason Tory was still very hard to find. So many times he wanted to say fuck this and reveal the truth, but he promised his uncle he would chill. That day when he stood in Mace's office and Mace was on the phone with Ray when Asia was back in Texas he wanted to call it all off. Most of time he was hiding out in the basement, in a room at his parent's mansion so nobody knew about his existence, but his immediate family. He missed Asia and wanted to go to Texas so bad to get her and bring her home, but he knew he couldn't. With the fact that he had just came back in town himself made it worse because he was feeling the same feelings as his wife, just not as deep. Kane came back a few days before that phone call with Ray because he couldn't take it nomore being in hideout. He just didn't know how much longer he could keep this shit up and remain on the low from the world.