Needed Me Back

Tommy hopped out his whip and grabbed his duffle bag out the back before headed inside his crib. The minute he stepped in the living room something was off to him. The lights were dim and his wife was sitting at the bar area with a glass of wine in her hand. He walked up behind her and when he touched her lower part of her back she jumped a little. Shanay was so tuned into her slow jams that were blasting through the speakers that she had no idea he was even home. When she turned and looked at him he noticed she was crying.
"What's wrong baby?"
Putting her glass down, she shoved her shoulders "Everything".
"Like what?" He asked calmly and confused.
"Kane is gone, Asia is gone shit isn't the same anymore. I miss them so much Tommy" she said in a shaky voice as she wiped her tears.

He nodded "I know... I miss them too".
"Here I was saying how much Asia needed me and I couldn't leave her side, but right now I'm weak and I need her. I need my cousin and I'm miserable without her. Wondering if she's okay... I'm worried about her and at the same time I need her home so that I can be okay. Is that a selfish?" She asked with low, glossy eyes.
He shook his head "No baby it's not".
She took a sip of her wine as he grabbed her hand and turned her to face him. He palmed her face in his hands "I love you".
"You sure?"
He frowned "What you mean... You know I love you?"
"For how long though Tommy?? It's been years and not once have I been able to give you a child. How long before you get tired and leave me?" She asked as tears fell from her eyes.

Tommy took a deep breath and cuffed her face once again "Shanay I love you and I always will. You got a nigga heart I would never turn my back on you. We in this forever, you don't never have to worry, when the time is right a baby will come. I know we both want one, but the time isn't right. Stop stressing... It will come til then I'll continue to be by your side ".
Shanay looked up at him with teary eyes "But I want a baby now".

She started sobbing causing him to pull her close to him and embrace her with his touch that she desperately needed at that moment. Everything that he had said to her was all facts, he loved her dearly and nobody or nothing would take that from him.

    Asia walked through the isle's of the grocery store, picking up a few items for dinner. Tonight Tina was craving fried chicken so that what she was planning on cooking. Just as she started placing her stuff up on the counter a familiar voice came up behind her. "Wassup girl?"
Asia glanced behind her at the tall, handsome stranger with a closed mouth smile before facing back forward. She didn't know dude from Adam and Eve so she wasn't about to even give him no conversation what so ever.
"What you don't remember me?" He asked flashing his grills.
She raised one eyebrow and shook her head no before passing the cashier her money. In a rush she grabbed her few bags and headed for the door. Just as she was placing her bags in her trunk, the voice came again from behind her. He jogged up to her, steady talking although she tried to pay him no mind.
"Do I know you?" She asked as she squinted her eyes.
"Asia it's me ... Kyle".
She turned and looked Kyle in the eyes as her mouth dropped. The last time she saw him was way before she had Makayla and he definitely looked different. It wasn't even at Graduation day because he had dropped out before she had came back.

She raised her eyebrows "Kyle?"
He smiled and nodded his head "Yeah girl don't treat me like that".
She laughed as he raised his arms and pulled her into a hug. "Oh my goodness I didn't recognize you... What are you doing here in Texas?"
"Doing business here with my uncle what's the odds of bumping into you?" He said as they released the hug.
She shoved her shoulders with a warm smile on her face. "How you been?"
He nodded as he looked her up and down "I've been good and I see you have to so I don't have to ask". It was no secret that he was flirting with her and she knew it.
Kyle was definitely not the same geeky dude she met back in college. Shit had definitely changed, instead of the geeky dressed corny looking Kyle she was standing in front of what looked like a dope boy. His swag was different, his hair was cut in a low faded cut and his mouth was filled with gold fronts.