Chapter 19

Brad brought me closer to him and placed his hand on the small of my back. His breath hot on my neck he replied "We are more than friends."

I panicked as my heart thumped faster and faster, his smirk still painted on his lips. I felt as my cheeks burnt red and my stomach churned. He was teasing me and any moment now someone was going to come out of one of those classrooms and I would have detention. I tried to pull away but Brad pulled me in again and this time morphed his lips on to mine with force. 

I slowly un-tensed my body and brought my hands up to his curls. The kiss seemed to only last a few seconds but just as it ended the bell rang and kids flooded the hallway causing me to loose hold of Brad. 

As I finally pushed my way through the hall and made it to my locker I saw Marcie standing by it, accompanied by James of course. But I was surprised I didn't see Tristan anywhere since I saw him a lunch. 

I neared my locker and Marcie winked at me. "So, you and Bradley?" she asked winking again.

"Is there something in your eye Marce?" I asked shooing her away from my locker. 

"No, but there is something in your mouth and it's Brad" she said laughing at her own joke. 

I rolled my eyes at her immaturity and twisted my combination into the pad lock.

I opened it and out flew a scrap of paper "I won the bet - Brad". 

~

I stuck my key into the door and was about to turn it when the door flung open and I was pulled inside before I could even grab my keys out of the door. I was flung over a strong shoulder and while kicking and screaming I was taken to the basement. 

"LET ME GO" I yelled as I was jostled around as the person ran down the stairs of the basement. 

I was rolled onto the couch and saw that it was James who had captured me. 

"Listen Avery" James said as Brad smiled at me from his place in a chair, he was melodiously strumming his guitar.  

"We only have a week left here and most of our days are going to be spent in the recording studio and you guys will be at school" James continued running a hand through his hair. 

I nodded waiting for him to continue further. "So?" I asked folding my legs under me, so I was full on the couch.

He shook his head "Do you not understand what this means?" James hollered.

I shook my head slowly raising an eyebrow.

        "That means I only have a week to tell Marcie I love her." 

I giggled and grinned "Awwwww. James" I answered in a high pitched tone. 

He rolled his eyes "Yes, yes. But now the problem. I want it to be perfect, but I have zero time to plan..."

I nodded my head and put my right hand on my forehead above my eyebrow and saluted James "Avery Marks at your service."

I got started planning right away. I knew Marcie wanted some place like a restaurant so I booked them reservations at a nice Italian place down the street. I told James to write her a song and perform it at dinner and he was reluctant but finally gave in.  

I made a few more arrangements and then went to do what I had promised Brad.

"Mom," I started as I walked into the kitchen while she was turning on the stove.

She turned to me, wiping her hands on her towel. "Can a few friends stay here?"

"Which friends?" she asked turning back to the stove. 

I took a deep breath "The boys who I interviewed in England."

"Boys?" she asked loudly.

I bit the inside of my cheek and nodded "They need a place to stay" I said which was sort of a lie seeing as they could have easily gotten a hotel room anywhere in Texas. 

She stirred the pot of water a little and then turned back to me "They are friends?" 

I nodded. 

"They're nice and polite?" 

I nodded, grinning.

She pursed her lips and put a piece of hair behind her ear. "Alright."

~

As the week went on I got to see the boys less and less. They had to record for longer lengths of time and I was slammed with mid- terms. It was a surprise to us all when Friday came. 

I went over to Marcie's right after school to keep her from going over to my house and seeing James all dressed up. She was suspicious but luckily she's not extremely bright. I told her it was a girls night and I did her make up and hair. I made it seem as if we were going to head to a movie. I picked out a dress and some shoes for her to wear, I was sure she would figure it out then. When I got the text from James I led her outside and then left them alone as James showed up at the door with flowers. 

After my duty was done I drove back to my house and threw on some sweats and a t-shirt. I settled down in front of the TV and turned on MTV. I was startled when Brad came through the front door. I was even more shocked to see Tristan not with him. "Where's Tris?" I asked as he kicked off his shoes at the door.

"That's a nice hello" he said sitting on the lounge chair next to me. The chair wasn't as big as the couch so my knee over lapped with his thigh. 

I giggled and took his hand in mine and looked him in the eyes dramatically "Hello my dear, sweet Bradley Will Simpson." 

He smiled and squeezed my hand "Tris is still at the studio, he's been working on this secret project ever since you left England to come back home... it's really strange."