Chapter 5

Chapter 5

After we finished dinner we crammed into the car once again but we changed it around a bit. Steven was the driver, Tristan sat up front, and Marcie sat on James’ lap while I sat beside Bradley.

The car ride was anything but quite. Tristan put it on a local radio station and blasted it while the song Post Break- up Sex by The Vaccines played. We all sang along loudly.

Once we got back to the hotel we were not at all tired. By this time it was probably about 1 a.m. and there was no place for 6 hyper teenagers to go.

Marcie then gave us the bright idea to play hotel tag.

The boys thought it was a brilliant idea and my vote wouldn't have counted.

It’s started off as every man for him/herself but over time teams developed.

The teams were:

Team 1: James and Marcie

Team 2: Steven and Bradley

Team 3: Tristan and I

I ran to the elevator and pushed the button quickly as I watched it shut in Bradley’s face. The doors opened to the 4th floor and I looked around as I stepped out cautiously and walked down the hall. It was all hotel rooms but then an ice maker and vending machine were separating the two halls. I passed by the space and kept creeping quietly down the halls. I felt two firm hands pull my waist back as I tried to not squeal loudly. The rules were we could only play as long as nobody was loud, we didn't want to be arrest for being public nuances.

I whipped around, as the grip lightened, to see Brad. He was grinning from ear to ear.

“You’re it” he whispered his breath hot on my neck as he ran the opposite way down the hall.

I sprinted after him down the stairs, thankfully I had put on my black vans that morning instead of my boots like I was planning.

I didn't see him as I flew down the flights of stairs, I didn't realize he could have gone up instead of down until I reached the very bottom. I could just imagine him sitting at the top of the stairs laughing at me as I ran down to the bottom.

I decided to outsmart him, our what I thought was outsmarting him. I decided to stay in the stairwell at the bottom of the stairs and wait. I didn't know who I was waiting for, maybe it was Bradley or Steven but I was waiting.

I heard the door open and I heard footsteps. They went fast and then they slowed as they reached me. Tristan came and sat next to me putting an arm around my neck.

“I heard you got tagged…” he said solemnly.

I nodded hanging my head “I tried Tristan, I really did” I replied.

“You did good soldier, today just wasn't your day” he replied patting my shoulder.

The door opened and feet clanged on the stairs once again. Brad slowed as he reached us. We turned to look at him and he slowly raised his hands in surrender.

“Let’s be cool…everyone just stay cal-“he said as he ran back up the stairs Tristan chasing after him as he shouted ‘you tagged my team mate you bastard!’

I giggled as I walked back to the elevator.

The doors opened and I saw Marcie and James pushing the button to call the elevator. I held in a yell as I rushed to push the close button but the doors wouldn't budge. James reached forwards and tagged me

I angrily stomped my feet and Marcie said "No tag backs!" I watched the two of them run down the hall as I pushed the 5th floor button. 

The doors opened as I heard the door to the stairwell close. I flung the door opened and ran down the stairs quickly. I was surprised as I collided with a tall figure that wasn't Tristan, Brad, James,or Steven. They were quite startled as they turned to face me.