fifteen

Sapphire Westlock - 9:37 AM - A Brunch Restaurant "Sapphire

"Sapphire.." my dad says, holding Nile on his lap. He wanted to talk to me about the game. Two weeks had past now, and I go back to school tomorrow.

"Dad, I know. I shouldn't have done it. But I just got so mad, I couldn't just sit there and watch somebody put his hands on my fiancé. Especially not Reece" I try to explain, playing with my ring.

"I understand, but you have to stop putting your future on jeopardy for this boy. Please, Sapphire. You're eighteen now, so you can do what you want, but you worry me. A lot" he says and I nod.

"I'm sorry Dad" I try to apologize but he shakes his head. "I don't want an apology. I want to see change, real change. Cmon Sapphire. You have so much potential. Don't throw it away" he sighs and bounces his legs, making Nile smile.

"Okay, Dad" I nod and sigh too. "I have to go, I have a meeting with my clients. But if you want help on the Fashion Nova deal, come to my office after your internship tomorrow" he drops two hundred dollars on the table and leaves.

"Bye.." I say and Nile walks over to me.

2:32 PM

"Destinyyy" I call, walking into the house with my shopping bags and Nile on my hip. "Bestfrienddd!" she smiles and gives me a hug, kissing Nile on the cheek.

He holds his arms out for her and she picks him up. "You missed TeeTee?" Des asks and Nile nods.

"Where's Jah?" Des asks, bouncing Nile up and down. "He's at the dorm" I respond, playing with my ring.

"That thang is like a boulder girl" Des laughs and sits down on the couch. I sit next to her and lay on her lap.

"I know" I laugh back, putting the back of my hand in my face. "Are you and Jah gonna move in together?"

I actually never thought about that. He has a drawer here, and we share my closet. But I've never actually asked him to move in.

When we get married, we'll probably get another apartment.

"Married" I say under my breath, shocked. This is not what I imagined my freshman year to be like, engaged.

But, I love Jah. And I would do anything for him.

"Wassup Sapphire" Kenzo plops down on the couch next to Destiny and dabs me up.

"Hey Kenzo, how you been?" I ask, playing with Nile's small hands. "I been chillin, shi tryna get this money n take care of my baby" he kisses Destiny's cheek and I smile.

"Aww. Y'all so cute" I say and he thanks me. "You comin to my art show on Sunday?" Destiny asks.

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it for anything" I nod. "Okay, me and Kenzo were gonna go to his house, you good alone?" I nod and she lifts me and Nile off her lap, giving me a kiss on the cheek.