seven

Jahbari Micheals (Jah) - 8:28 AM - Colombia Lions Gym"Come see me in my office" Coach says, stopping my practice of the move I invented

"Come see me in my office" Coach says, stopping my practice of the move I invented. The crowd gone go crazy when they see it. It's something never before seen.

I follow him back into the locker room and into his office, sitting down in the chair. "You startin tonight" he lets me know. Our first game was tonight and I was so excited.

"Say dattt" I smile and Coach laughs. "Don't let me down, Micheals" he nods at me and I nod back, going back out to the court.

*ten hours later*

I'm at the court early, practicing my dunk. I'on know what I'ma call it yet. I haven't put in the full 10,000 hours, or even near that, but I was making it most of the time.

I do it again, this time failing and spinning out. "Fuck" I mumble under my breath. I try it over and over again, making it all the other times.

"Wow" I hear someone say. I instantly start cheesing when I hear the voice. I turn around, seeing Sapph sitting on the bleachers, decked out in Lion's gear.

She was wearing my jersey number and had also painted it on her thigh. "Yeen gone come give a nigga a hug?" I ask, dropping the ball. She runs up and hops on top of me.

"Missed me?" I ask. I hadn't seen her in a day or two. I had been going from practice to school to practice again and then back to my dorm.

"Of course" she cheeses and we kiss. "Taste good" I remark and she smiles harder. "I missed that big ass smile" I smile back. "I'm excited for your first game" she says and I look her up and down.

"I can see that" I laugh and she laughs with me. "Why you here? It don't start fa another two hours" I say, checking the time.

"I was lookin fa you. Can I get your other jersey? I feel basic wearing the one they sell at the student store" she rolls her eyes and I take her into the locker room.

I give her my jersey and she takes the other one off in front of me. I can see she's wearing my favorite lingerie set. "That fa me?" I lick over my lips, watching her change.

"Maybe" she responds and kisses my cheek.

An hour later, it was game time.

I start, just like Coach promised. Zach, the tallest one on the team does the jump off, making us the first one with the ball.

Jay's kid unfortunately gets the ball and runs it to the basket, shooting a layup and missing. I was right under the basket, so I grab the ball from the air, dunking it into the hoop.

The crowd goes crazy, but that was just something light.

I see everybody in the stands. My mom, Sapph, Des, my dad, Khalil, and Nile.