six

Malik Rangers - 8:12 AM - Colombia Lions Gym"Wassam" I dap Zach up, walking into the locker room

"Wassam" I dap Zach up, walking into the locker room. Some players were already out running drills. "You're late, Rangers" Coach says, leaning against the doorframe.

"My bad, Coach. It won't happen again" I assure. "Yeah, I know it won't. Double the drills" he says and goes back into his office. I suck my teeth, quickly putting on my jersey and heading out to the court.

Jah was practicing some crazy spin move on one of the four hoops. "This nigga" I laugh, checking up with some other boy on my team. "I'on know why he gets all the bitches. I heard he was married" the boy I'm playing basketball with says, talking about Jah.

"Damn near" I shrug and start the game. Ole boy I'm playing with was trash. I done crossed him up like four times. He probably got money, I mean he was white.

"Aye bruh, how'd you get on dis team" I laugh, giving up on the game cause it was too easy. "What do you mean" he turns around to lay up the ball and I see the back of his jersey, 'Jay'.

That's probably John Jay son. Make sense.

"Aye, Jah. 1v1 me" I say, holding my hands out so he can pass me the ball. "Finally. Ain't nobody wanna try me since I been here" he says, relived. He passes me the ball and I check it back to him, immediately getting on defense.

He jukes me out with a spin move I've never seen and does a ridiculous dunk, one that was a combo of that spin move and a reverse dunk, making it in the basket. Jah passes the ball back to me and I drop it. "You got it bruh" I shake my head.

How did he just make up his own dunk and spin move? What was this boy on.

I watch him do that dunk again, this time failing. "It's not perfected yet, but aye. I just made it up" he shrugs at me.

"Alright, play time is over. Let's hit these drills" Coach yells. He had been there the whole time, probably seeing my attempt at a 1v1 with the "star player".

When we're doing our practice game, my mind goes to Hudson. She hasn't hit me all weekend and when I saw her in the cafeteria this morning, she left before I could even say anything. Last time I spoke to her was Friday. It was now Wednesday.

Usually had the most luck with girls, what's up with this one that I cannot pull her? Shit makes me want her even more. Everyone here be dick sucking because I'm on the basketball team, but she really doesn't care.

She sees me as a person, not a number on the team, not an accomplishment to brag to her friends about, just a person. I like that about ha, I like that mentality. It's attractive.