9.Wedding Day

"Today is the day" I whispered to myself after looking at the white wedding dress on my bed. I want to stop the wedding but I can't. I didn't hope for anything nice from this marriage. But after the last incident with Jake, I realized he cared about me maybe a little bit, but deep down I am afraid that he was just wearing a fake mask in front of me.

I was in deep thoughts when my room door burst open. "Leave" Aloy yelled after coming inside. Maids that are settling my things hurriedly leave the room except for the elder maid miss Olivia.

It is not the first time Aloy reacted like that. It was always like that whenever she fought with me or tortured me. I thought Aloy was changing because she is acting like an elder sister and didn't bother me anymore. I didn't know what I did wrong that she was acting like that again. Aloy glared at the elder maid. She hurriedly leaves the room while eyeing me with sympathy.

Aloy looked at the closed door and then turned toward me. Her beautiful brown eyes were swollen and she was trying her best not to cry in front of me. But she couldn't control herself when she saw my wedding dress. She burst into tears and spoke while stuttering "Lisa.....p...lease...... Don't marry him".

I looked at Aloy then sighed "I can't sis I don't have a choice". Aloy burst into tears again and set on the floor "Lisa please don't marry him....please". She yelled and pulled her hair. I was shocked by her sudden outburst, so I hurriedly hugged her to calm her down. Suddenly Duchess entered the room fuming with anger, but she calmed herself and spoke with sympathy "I think she was sad because you are going to leave her".

I broke the hug then cleaned her tears then said: "sis I am not going that far please stop crying".

"Li's, you a are a precious gem, who didn't deserve to be in this cruel world," Aloy said while cleaning my tears, that I don't know when fall on my checks. I looked at Aloy dumbfounded, I didn't understand her words. Aloy kissed my forehead and then said, "I am sorry Lisa, I hope you will forgive me". I was confused when I said, "Sis why are you apologizing".

"Lisa, you go get ready, I will take Aloy to her room," Duchess said. I hesitate for a second, then nodded. I don't know what happened to her and why she is talking like that.

"You don't have to help me. I know my way," Aloy yelled while glaring at the Duchess. I froze from her sudden outburst. She walks out of the room after looking at me one last time. The Duchess stood there stunned then glared at me "You manipulate her mind". I was going to follow her but soon stopped by the Duchess's words.

I look at the Duchess aka my mother sadly while standing in the doorway. But I didn't speak because I know she didn't see me as her daughter. Duchess walked toward me and then harshly pulled me by my arm into the room.

I was in pain because of how strong her hold was on my arm but I didn't show it. "Don't try to look innocent because I know the true personality you are a slut who snatch the prince by getting in his bed. Then you snatch my husband from me and now you manipulate my daughter's mind. You are doing this because I force you to kill this bastard child" Duchess completed while pointing toward my stomach.

I looked at the Duchess blankly, then pulled my arm back from her hand which is now bruised. Duchess looks at me shockingly "You can call me whatever you want but you have no right to call my child a bastard".

"How dare you? this is what we got after giving you a good lifestyle, you are so mean, you are always an orphan girl for us whom we pick from the garbage. You just proved the saying that once a slut always a slut ".

"You don't have to remind me I know from the start that I am not your daughter, your grace. So you don't have any right to disgrace me. You should go and celebrate that I am leaving your life, your grace".