Moment of silence...

So hey guys, this chapter is dedicated to all the people that commented and voted for me love u all, and the only reason i am finishing this book is for u guys!! But if u still r reading i guess that counts too so love u guys too!!!

Anywayy remember to Vote, Comment and Etc ;)

Chapter 17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Kate's POV)

~~~~~~~~~

The dinner with Mark and Erin couldn't have been a better way to finally close the book with Mark. Not actually a book, but you know what i mean. Xavier and I walked in their house for the first not having to even pretend being a couple. Not having to fake every smile. Every touch between us. It was all real. Finally.

The best thing was that when Mark opened the door, my heart didn't skip a beat like it always used to, and my knees didn't get all weak like it used. I have to say i am finally starting to accept the fact that me and Mark were never meant. Never written for us to be together. And I was more than happy to accept that.I never really understood why i kept catching him giving me odd looks when he thought i wasn't looking. But then again Mark always did get a random at random times.

Although i couldn't help how my heart got heavy, every time Erin mentioned the baby i was truly happy for them. Happy i was. Maybe i finally wanted a life of my own. A baby to call my own. But we were still young and Xavier and I had our lives to plan that stuff. But that didn't mean the pains of the last few months easily disappeared. I also began to accept that I was always going to have a soft spot for Mark, but I finally stopped being a bitch and realized Xavier was my rock. And that Erin is always going to be my best friend alongside Mark. Xavier was the one to get me through all this, he's the one that watched me cry my eyes out looking like shit. And where was Mark in all this- my so called best friend? Playing happy families that's where.

"-Kate?" Xavier's voice pulled me back to the real world. I turned my head towards him smiling. Why couldn't I have realized this sooner? All i needed to was to really see what was in front of me and now I have.

"Yeah honey?" I asked, looking at Xavier.

"Mark asked you a question." He laughed. I could feeling my cheeks heating up. I must have been day-dreaming.

"Sorry, I was miles away." I smiled sheepishly.

"Love don't worry about it, Mark was just trying to tease you by bringing up old memories." Erin laughed, a hand resting on her belly. A couple of weeks back that little action thing would have hurt me really bad. But now....now i was holding xavier's hand under the table, smiling lightly at him.

You see...even tho him and I got stuff sorted, I could still see the insecurity in his eyes when ever i talked to Mark or what not.

But then again I didn't really blame him. Just weeks before I was crying my eyes out that a so-called someone didn't love me back. But i was going to prove it to him. He had nothing to worry about. I put Mark behind me. Which I should have done when I was leaving for Uni. 

Dinner had finished and I offered to put the dishes away while everyone was in the kitchen. This was the least I could do for Erin after i spent the past months crying after her soon-to-be-husband. I was doing the dishes in my own thoughts when someone walked into the kitchen closing the door behind me. 

"Coming to help me now, Xavier?" I laughed, my voice hinted with a little sarcasm.

"Umm, no actually. " Mark's voice said in the place i had expected Xavier to be. I spun around a little surprised. My hand were wet the soapy water dropping to the floor.

Mark stood against the kitchen door, arms folded across his wide chest as he watched me intently. If you were to ask me how long we stood there staring at each other...I couldn't really tell you. See Mark was smart. Even back in high school he would pick up on the smallest of details. So I wasn't really surprised when the next words left his mouth:

"Am glad to see you and Xavier looking so much happier. You guy's clearly made up over whatever it was, right?" You can say that.

"Hahaha what are you talking about? We have been fine." I laughed it off, waving my hand. I didn't even believe my own lie. Mark smiled, his lip curling up a little -in that way i used to find so adorable- he held my eyes intensely.

"Your one of my closet friends, Kate. Just because I haven't seen you in a while doesn't been i don't know when your lying. I don't know what's Uni did to you but you haven't been the same since the night of your welcoming party. It's like......look it doesn't matter what it is. You know you can come to me always okay?" He spoke with so much honesty in voice , I almost felt guilty  for not being able to be honest with him.

"I didn't change by choice, Mark." I had to change because my dreams for you and I being together were shattered the night i came back. By the two people i would have never expected it from.

He watched me patiently, waiting, to see if I would carry on. But deep down we both new we knew i wouldn't have carried on. And deep down we both knew I couldn't be fully honest with him. 

"I miss how we used to be." He smiled nostalgically. I nodded, picking up the drying cloth and dried my hand. "So do I, Mark. So do I." I smiled weakly.

He looked like he was about to say more but he was cut short as Erin slowly made her way into the kitchen, Mark moving out her way so she had more access into the kitchen. Xavier soon followed in behind her. There was a moment of silence before anyone spoke.

"It's good to see you two catching up again." Erin smiled, wrapping her arms around Mark's torso. Yeah am glad too, I thought in my head

I locked eye's with Xavier, sending him a smile. Weather he liked it or not he was going to have to accept that fact that Mark and I have always been friends. And minus his insecurity, maybe i can save that little friendship we had always had. I am just going to have to show Xavvier that he had nothing to worry about and that I truly have gotten over Mark.

Walking up to his side i wrapped my arms around his neck, whilst Mark and Erin were wrapped up in their own world.

"Wanna go home." I whispered in his ear, smiling mischievously

He looked down at me a cheeky smirk on display. "You sure you won't pass out on me again?" He teased me, as he whispered back into my ear holding back his laughter. I pinched his arm, flushing red, I still couldn't believe I had done that.

"Fine be like that." I huffed, making him laugh in return.

"C'mon princess. Let's get you home." He winked, making my heart flutter in return.

**********************************************************

SO GUYS I HAVE UPLOADED AND THIS TIME I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE I DO IT REGULARLY. AM SORRY IT TOOK THIS LONG I HAD FAMILY COMMITMENTS THAT NEEDED TO BE SORTED OUT. AND I KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE WAITING FOR AN UPDATE COS BELIEVE ME I HAVE BEEN THERE SO SORRY. BUT THIS STORY IS GOING SOMEWHERE I PROMISE YOU SO PLEASE HOLD ON.

LOVE YOU GUYSS XXXXXX