Beat Me Bleeding = Chapter 24

Heeyy guys here's chapter 24, enjoy!

Enjoy & Vote!

================

Chapter 24

Spending time with Danny has been amazing, he took my mind off mummy and for once........ I was grateful.

 We had the house to our selves but we still had to look after Ellie, she cried once and Danny rushed to her side. 

He’s going to make a great dad when he’s older, will he be the father of my children? Most likely not but who ever has him, they will be lucky.

He shook her gently and soothed her until she fell asleep again, she’s eight months old now, but still screams like a new born baby.

We went swimming and had water fights, made cup cakes and then when it was getting dark we snuggled up on the lounge and watched Cinderella. 

I think it reflects on my life really well, its not the same but definitely very similar. Cinderella was abused by her step mum and step sisters and then she was saved by her prince, just like me. Only I was saved by Paul, my dad.

I was so happy when he put his arm around me, I felt safe again. For the first time since mummy died.

“I really like you.” I stated seriously, looking into his eyes. 

I wasn’t going to fool around ever again in my life because what if I died before I got to tell someone my feelings? 

That’s one thing that Harry has taught me, instead of teaching me how to ride a bike instead of lessons that I really didn’t need to learn at this age. 

I seriously can’t mess around after mum died, well lets just say I see life differently now.

He smiled widely, “Will you be my girlfriend?” 

I screamed, “Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. I’ve been waiting for you to ask me that for ever!” I hugged him.

“I’ve been waiting for the perfect time.” He whispered into my hair. “I’ll always be here for you.” 

 “You don’t know how many times I’ve heard that in my life.” I whispered, pulling him closer, I didn’t want to let him go. 

 Just incase this was all just a dream and I would loose him as fast as I got him.

 He stayed quiet but then whispered, “I promise.” 

I stuck my little finger out, “Pinky promise.”

He chuckled, “How old are we seven?” 

“Just do it.” 

He hesitated but shook my pinky anyway.

“I’ll hold that promise to you sir.” I giggled, as I snuggled further into his chest.

+_+

“Mummy, can you close the door please.” I mumbled.

There was no answer.

I sat up straight, and closed my eyes as I finally remembered she was never coming back. 

She’s gone. Dead. Never coming back.

 I felt tears run down my cheeks, and I put my head in my hands as an attempt to stop the tears- It didn’t work.

I got up out of my bed and let my legs carry me where ever they wanted to go, I suddenly realized I was in mummy’s and Paul’s room. 

Paul has moved into the spear room with Ellie, so that he doesn’t have to move anything in mummy’s room and so her smell is still there. 

I saw someone laying in the bed, “Paul?” I whispered.

“Yes Abbie?” He asked, his voice held no emotion and I knew he wasn’t able to sleep too.

“I can’t sleep.” I sobbed, the tears still flowing down my cheeks.

“I can’t either.” Paul sat up looking concered, when he heard that I was crying.

I heard Ellie start to wail and scream obviously wanting attention. “Looks like she can’t either.” I mumbled. “I’ll get her bottle.” 

“And I’ll get her.” Paul tried to smile to me but the truth is were all too destroyed to smile.

 After Ellie was all settled we all got into mummy’s bed, Paul on one side, then Ellie in the middle so that she wouldn’t fall out and then me on the other side where mummy used to sleep.

“Paul, we have to stay strong for her.” I said, looking at Ellie’s sleeping face. She had a small smile on her face, as if she was having a good dream.

At least someone around here was happy.

 “I agree Abbie, as soon as all of this mess is past us, we have to be a happy family.” He turned to look at me.

I smiled slightly, “We can do this Dad, she wouldn’t of left if she knew we couldn’t.” 

He smiled back, “Yes, I think so too.”

Then we fell into a comfortable silence, as we tried to get to sleep.

I lay with my face in mummy’s pillow and I inhaled her scent.

“I miss her.” I whispered to Paul, the tears were starting to come again.

“Me to Abbie, me too.”

====================

(C) Tara Rattigan

What do you think?