Beat Me Bleeding = Chapter 21

Heeyyy so here is chapter 21! :D

VOTE!!

=====================

 Chapter 21

Abbie’s POV

“Will I have to go to court?” I asked, fiddling with my fingers.

“No, you just have to answer some questions and you’ve already wrote your statement.” The police officers partner explained to me, for the fifth time.

I think she was a detective, both of them have been with me on this case. But I’ve forgot their names. 

Embarrassing right? I didn’t like the police officer, he’s mean, I know he is just doing his job but can he not be a bit nicer about it; like his partner. She’s nice.

“Alright.” I nodded.

“So tell me, when you and your mother were living with Paul, did Harry ever contact you?” The Officer asked.

I was about to reply when he said, “Oh, this conversation is being recorded. And there are people behind that mirror.” 

Looking over at the window, “Is Harry there?” I said, with fear thick in my voice.

“Yes.” The officers partner answered, sympathetically.

“And he can hear, every word I’m saying.” I closed my eyes.

“Yes.” My lawyer replied.

“Sir, if you may. After the investigation is done, I would like file a restraining order, to make sure that I never have to see him again.” I said, looking into the officers eyes. 

I heard a bang on the window, and the police looked at each other.

“Don’t worry he’s never had a good temper.” I assured them, I was used to this but they obviously weren’t.

I heard another bang on the window and smiled. “Yes, Harry did try to contact me, twice. Once he called me and then he followed me home from school.” I answered.

“Did Paul ever abuse you?” The officer asked again.

“No, Paul has been amazing he loves mum, Ellie and I.” I assured them.

“Could you please start again on how, everything happened?” The officers partner asked.

“Harry, he abuse mum and I, ever since I was old enough to walk. But before I was born, they were happy. In love. It was me that set everything off just my every existence, mum was so happy, but I was the burden in Harry’s life.” I spoke with a strong voice and emotionless.

 ‘Carry on.’ I heard a voice, it was mummy’s voice. My head shot up and I looked around. 

“Did you guys hear that?” I asked the officers, as my hair was standing up on the back of my neck, and I suppressed a shiver.

‘Only you can hear me Abbie.’ I heard mummy whisper in my ear.

“Hear what?” They asked confused.

I shook my head, “Never mind.” 

“Continue.” My lawyer pressed, looking totally confused.

“One day, a year ago. Harry came home drunk, before mum was home. He came into my room and hit me and hit me, then if that wasn’t enough the stabbed me, over and over again. He put me in hospital with a punctured lung, and several wounds to my body.” I said with no emotion in my voice.

“We then moved in with Paul, and mum fell in love. Paul began to fix us. I was hesitant at first, I hated the fact that mum fell for Paul just like she fell for Harry all those years ago. I thought Paul would turn out just like Harry. Boy was I wrong. Soon after mum got pregnant and our family was complete. But Harry just kept coming around, but after we thought he was gone, Ellie was born-she’s my little sister. Everything was perfect. Then in the middle of the night Harry came for us.” I continued. 

“Harry took me and mum but I stood up for myself and didn’t let him push me around and that got me punished and he hit me, even more than ever. He kept me and mum apart so that we were useless. The one night I heard mum scream, and I saw her laying dead. With Harry holding her hand.” I gripped onto the table, hard.

“I ran, but Harry chased after me. It was a good job Paul taught me self defense, otherwise Harry would of probably killed me too. I fought Harry off and ran to the police station.” I finished.

“Do you know any reason why your mum would of killed herself?” The police officer asked me again.

‘Calm down Abbie, just tell them the truth.’ Mummy whispered.

I gritted my teeth together. “My mum would never kill herself, she’s just had a baby girl, and she was engaged to be married. And she had me.” I said getting angry, but trying not to show it.

“But your father has-” The police started, pulling his glasses down and reading Harry’s statement.

“He’s not my dad.” I hissed. “Of course he would deny it!”

“Abbie, calm down. What kind of man would abuse his loved ones?” The police officers partner asked.

“He did! DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE BRUISES AND THE SCARS?” I yelled, slamming my fist down on the table.

“Sit down, miss.” The officer commanded.

“I was there sir, I saw him kill her. And I saw him abusing her all of these years.” I sat down into my chair, with tears in my eyes.

None of them said a word, just looked at me- worried. 

“You have no idea how hard it is.” I whispered, looking at them. 

“I believe you.” The police officers partner whispered to me, her hair was in a loose bun and had bits hanging out, and her brown eyes were filled with understanding.

“You do?” I asked, looking up at her through her thick lashes.

“Yes, I was abused as a child. Did your dad ever rape you?” She asked, holding my hand.

My eyes went wide, “Never. But I’m positive he did to my mum.”

She nodded, “Good, my dad raped me and he even brought around his friends to rape me too. Once I fell pregnant, and my dad hit me and hit me and hit me when he found out, and he killed my baby.” She said with tears in her eyes, “I’ve never had a child before because I’m afraid I’ll turn out like my dad and abuse my child. Don’t be scared, hunnie. I’ll make sure Harry never comes any where near you.” 

“I’M GOING TO KILL YOU ABBIE!” Harry roared through the glass.

“More death threats, guess what Harry. No not this time. Not ever.” I replied, looking at the glass.

“YES EVER ITS GOING TO BE JUST LIKE OLD TIMES! I’LL HIT YOU AND YOU HAVE TO REMAIN EMOTIONLESS LIKE ALWAYS!” Harry roared.

I smiled, “Well Harry, the police just got you on record, admitting that you abused me. Did you kill my mum too?” I asked.

“YES! THE STUPID COW HATED ME!” He yelled.

“Gee I wonder why.” I rolled my eyes sarcastically.

“ENOUGH!” The officer yelled, “Control him.” 

“Alright, this interview is over at 11:21am, 21st of December 2010.” 

“Thank you.” I thanked them, leaving the room.

But before I left I turned to the woman, “You shouldn’t let the abuse rule your life.”

===========================

(C) Tara Rattigan

Oooohhh Abbie is getting a little rude :P aha :)

Okay guys tell me what you think in a comment :P