The Chamber Of Secrets

Ron and I were extremely worried for his sister. I sort of knew how he felt, but even though my sister was petrified, she was otherwise safe in the hospital wing. Ginny was not. We knew where to go next and that was to the DADA classroom.

    "Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the Chamber. At least we can tell him what we know." I assured Ron as we ran. We burst through the doorway to the office. "Professor! We have some information for you"

I glanced around the very messy office. Books everywhere, clothing, trunks. It certainly looked like he was packing. Having been caught off guard he turned and quickly shut the latest trunk he'd shoved clothing into.

    "Are you going somewhere?" I frowned. Ron stood beside me and glared at the professor.

    "Uh, well, yes. Um, urgent call. Unavoidable, uh. Gotta go." He stuttered nervously.

    "What about my sister!" Ron shouted fearfully.

    "Oh, well, um, as to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I." He explained as he continued to pack.

    "You're the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You can't go now!" Ron yelled angrily.

    "Well, I must say. When I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about..."

    "You're running away?!" I scoffed angrily. Ron and I both stood in his way as he tried to get by. "After all that stuff you did in your books?"

    "Books can be misleading." He stated.

    "You wrote them!"

    "My dear boy, do you use your common sense!? My books wouldn't have sold half as well, if people didn't think I'd done all those things!" Lockhart exclaimed. It all finally made sensed why he was such a rubbish teacher.

    "You're a fraud. You've just been taking credit for what other wizards have done. My sister admired you, looked up to you!" I shouted angrily.

    "Is there anything you can do?" Ron scoffed. Lockhart looked rather solemn that someone had found out his secret.

    "Yes." He answered him harshly. "Now you mention it. I'm rather gifted with memory charms. Otherwise, you see, all those wizards would have gone blabbing. I'd have never sold another book. In fact, uh," He moved towards a pile of things he'd thrown together. Ron and I watched him cautiously. I knew what he was about to do. "I'm going to have to do the same to you."

He whipped around pointing his wand at us, but we already were pointing the both of our at him.

    "Don;t even think about it." I growled. I waved my wand, signally for him to drop the wand.

He looked rather peeved, but dropped the wand anyways. Ron picked it up and held onto it. We basically took Lockhart hostage and made him come down to the Girl's lavatory with us. The next thing we needed to do to figure out the mystery was talk to Moaning Myrtle. When we entered the bathroom she was floating about moping and moaning like usual.

    "Oh, who's there?" She demanded. When she saw us walk in her face brightened. "Oh! Hello, Harry." She giggled bashfully. "What do you want?"

    "To ask you how you died." I asked carefully.

    "Oh, it was dreadful." Myrtle began to explain. "It happened right here in this very cubicle." She pointed down to the toilet she was hovering over. "I'd hidden because Olive Hornby was teasing me about my glasses. I was crying. And then I heard somebody come in."

    "Who was it, Myrtle?" I asked a bit to eagerly. Myrtle frowned.

    "I don't know. I was distraught!" She growled as she floated down to us. I gave her an apologetic look and her face soften again. "But they said something funny, a kind of made up language, and I realized it was a boy speaking. So, I unlocked the door to tell him to Go Away! And I died..."