The Rogue Bludger

The next day, the school was filled with murmurs about what has transpired the night before. Of course, Harry and I were the main topic of discussion which made us both uneasy, seeing as we hadn't actually done anything. We made it to our Transfiguration class and I knew Hermione wanted to ask Professor McGonagall if she could give us an info on it. I had gone to bed and explained to her my worries, which she agreed she was worried about as well. We were going to study this thing through and through, and put a stop to whatever was happening ourselves if we had too. 

"Could I have your attention, please? Right. Now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so." Professor McGonagall explained. She turned towards the large bird she had in the classroom sitting on a perch. She aimed her wand and tapped him gently. "1, 2, 3. Vera Verto."

The black and white bird changed before our very eyes into a beautiful glass water goblet.

"Whoa." We all awed in amazement.

"Now, it's your turn. Who would like to go first?" She asked. Of course Hermione and I's hand shot straight up in the air. "Ah, Mr. Weasley." She called on Ron instead. "1, 2, 3. Vera Verto."

Ron nodded his head and took out his broken wand. He cleared his throat, waved the wand three times and cast the spell on Scabbers.

"Vera Verto!"

Instead of Scabbers changing into a glass water goblet, he squeaked as he transformed into a rat goblet. The goblet was furry and still had Scabbers tail. It of course made the entire class laugh, and Ron's ears turned pink. Ron looked at Scabber's horrified.

"That wand needs replacing, Mr. Weasley." Professor McGonagall informed him sternly. I nodded at Hermione and she raised her hand into the air. "Yes, Miss Granger?"

"Professor, I was wondering if you could tell us about... T-The Chamber of Secrets." Hermione asked her cautiously.

Suddenly the soft chatter in the room stopped with the anticipation of hearing Professor McGonagall's explanation. Every students eyes, if they weren't before, were on her now. She gave us all an uneasy look and sighed.

"Very well. Well, you all know, of course, that Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. Now, three of the founders coexisted quite harmoniously. One did not..."

"Three guesses who." Ron chuckled to Harry, though the entire class could hear.

"Salazar Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed magical learning should be kept within all magic families. In other words, pure-bloods." The Professor explained as she moved about the room. Hermione and I caught Draco giving her a glare as Professor McGonagall explained this part. Which we both glared back at him. "Unable to sway the others, he decided to leave the school. Now, according to legend, Slytherin had built a hidden chamber in this castle known as The Chamber of Secrets. Well, shortly before departing, he sealed it, until that time when his own true heir returned to the school. The heir alone would be able to open the chamber and unleash the horror within, and by so doing, purge the school of all those who, in Slytherin's view, were unworthy to study magic."

"Muggle-horns." Hermione stated with a sadness. Professor McGonagall nodded at her.

"Well, naturally, the school has been searched many times. No such chamber has been found."

"Professor?" I piped up softly and she turned back around towards me. "What exactly does legend tell us lies within the chamber?"

"The chamber is said to be home to something only the heir of Slytherin can control. It said to be the home... Of a monster."