Diagon Alley

I coughed as I felt myself slide out from the new fireplace. I was covered in soot and I felt gross. When I looked around I didn't recognize where I was at all. It certainly was not Diagon Alley.

    "Wonderful." I grumbled as I brushed myself off. Just as I was about to step forward to look around another body came sliding out from the fireplace right into my feet. "Ahh!" I yelped as I fell to the floor.

    "Oof! Ow!" Harry whined as I landed on top of him. He sputtered out the soot from his mouth and I scrambled off him.

    "Sorry, Harry. Although, I have to say I am rather glad to see you." I pulled him up off the floor and helped him brush off.

    "Wait, why? Where are we?" Harry asked realizing why I was glad to see him. "This isn't Diagon Alley."

    "Well spotted, genius." I rolled my eyes and looked around.

There were large cabinets filled with shrunken heads, skulls and more mysterious and creepy things. I gulped turned to see Harry looking at a shelf. It had a large boney hand standing up right that he began to reach towards.

    "Harry, I wouldn't." I whispered. "It's probably cursed or something."

    "It's a hand, Olivia. Relax." Harry rolled his eyes and reached forward again. "Ah, ah, help!" Harry yelped as the hand clamped down on his. I gasped and ran over to help him. We tugged and pulled on his arm and the hand finally set Harry free.

    "It's a hand, relax." I mocked quietly and he shoved my arm.

    "Shut up. Let's just get out of here." Harry whispered urgently. I nodded and we quickly made for the doorway.

Harry and I walked out into the dimly lit alley way. It was dark and grungy. The people were skulking about, even creepier than the shop itself. We looked around and picked a way and began to walk it. Though we were quickly cut off by a strange man. We slowly backed away and turned around when a creepy old witch grabbed us both.

    "Not lost, are you, my dears?"

    "We're fine thanks." I stated firmly.

    "Come with us. We'll help you find your way back." She cackled.

The people around us started to close in. Harry and I began to panic.

    "No, please." Harry stuttered.

    "Harry? Olivia?" A familiar voice called out. The people made way and we could see the familiar giant standing at the top of the stairwell.

    "Hagrid!" We both exclaimed.

    "What do you think you're doin' down 'ere?" He asked worriedly as he noticed our soot covered states. "Come on."

Harry and I rushed forward up the stairs. Hagrid guarded us and glared at the creeps, leading us away.

    "You're both a mess." Hagrid noted.

    "Thank you, Hagrid. Much appreciated." I sighed. I tried to shake my hair to get out the soot away.

    "What were ya doin' skulkin' 'round Knockturn Alley? Dodgy place." Hagrid pointed out. "Don't want no one to see ya there. People will think yer up to no good."

    "We didn't mean too." I pressed heavily.

    "It was an accident. We used floo powder for the first time trying to get to Diagon Alley... Wait a minute. What were you doing down there, then?" Harry asked as he furrowed his brow. We walked out of the dark into the light open space of Diagon Alley.