Chapter 1

"Normal Talking"

'Thinking'

| Codes |

"Mysterious being talking"

{ Third person P.O.V }

A mysterious being watched a young teen get shoved down by an older man. The older man and teen have the same features which makes it so that anyone can tell their related. The teen looked up at the older man to curse at him but is silenced by the man dunking their head under the lake water.

The teen proceeds to struggle and try to fight back as he didn't expect the man to do that. The mysterious being grins a scary grin as they get a golden string. They proceed to grab the scissors, taking their precious time, the teen seems to start losing strength.

When the being gets back they notice the boy had stopped moving while the man let's go of them with a satisfied smile. The being uses this chance to get the young man's soul seeing as they've been watching the teen for a while and had decided upon themself that the teen deserves another adventure.

After all, the teen's life was amusing to the being and they found joy in watching the teen's past struggles and such. No mortal has ever made them feel so entertained and the being applauds the now dead mortal for this.

Before the being puts the soul in a new body, they cut the golden string they had gotten. Watching as the man now identified as the 'father' falls to the ground, dead. That was just small simple entertainment for the being since it won't be looking at this mortal's world anymore.

They had big plans for the soul as they want more entertainment. They plan to bring the soul back to life, but not in their original body.

The mysterious being thinks of what body would match perfectly with the mortal soul. And then a sickening smile appears on their face, they know fate will not enjoy this. Anything to piss her off is a win win anyway.

They can't wait to watch the entertainment as they make sure to give them the power to be able to break fate's strings. The being starts to give the soul extra powers since they'll be the new guardian of negativity.

They make sure to leave a little gift for the soul....which they won't find out until much later. The being can't wait for what happens next..

{ ???/nightmare's P.O.V }

I see darkness.

All I remember is being drowned by my so called father.

He was a homophobic piece of shit and I always felt disgusted with the fact I had some of his blood running through my veins.

I wanted to kill him so bad, but I couldn't since I was weak and malnourished. He gave me such a great birthday gift. I just don't feel satisfied with the fact I couldn't murder him with my own bare hands before I died.

'What a pity...'

"Don't be upset, he died a few seconds after you~"

I jump in surprise and look around to see if anyone was around.

The voice giggles and I don't know if it's at me or if they're just high. I'll just assume they laughed at me.

"You've always been amusing for a mortal~"

'So this voice I hear is some type of god?'

"yes I'm a god, you probably don't believe me since your an atheist."

'Well yea, I just thought preachers made gods up to lure people in to give them free money. I mean people give money as offerings of their own volition but that's basically giving others free money without them having to do anything on the pretense that they're worshipping god.'

'I suppose you might be god since your basically reading my mind too.'

"Preachers are loyal followers of actual gods. And you seem so calm even though you just noticed that I'm reading your mind."

'I mean yea, I know an app called wattpad that has stories about the mc encountering a god or gods. You wouldn't talk to me if you weren't up to something..'

" I just wanted to meet the mortal who's entertained me most of their life~"

'You've been watching me suffer and enjoying it like it's entertainment...'

"Well it is entertaining... but I did decide to give you a little gift since you've entertained me so much. No mortal has grabbed my undivided attention like you~"

The voice sounds so mischievous.. I know their planning something.. This so called god might not be giving me a gift..

Don't trust gods that find your suffering amusing.

'What is it.'

"You'll find out in a couple minutes. You'll love it!~"

I don't feel reassured that what I'm getting isn't eternal suffering...

"I promise you'll (not)enjoy it~"

'Like I'd believe that. You could be putting me in hell to watch my eternal suffering for entertainment. I mean, your personality is something to talk about.'

'The nerve of this mortal... they better be lucky I like them so much or else I'd actually like to see them go through eternal suffering.'

"You won't know if you don't try~ plus I don't need your permission. I can do what I want and you can't fight back little soul~"

'Soul? Is that why I can't see and talk?'

"Yep! Your dead so your in soul form which is a small glowing ball of light! Your soul is dim meaning you aren't the purest."

'I mean with the things I've read, I wouldn't be the purest.'

"Anyway! I'm sending you off little soul~ enjoy your gift~"

The voice purred those words out and then I felt like I was falling..

Down

Down

Down

Down

I landed suddenly and started to feel my conscious slip away.

All I heard was a whisper.

"Your names will be nightmare and Dream.... Your both brothers and your job is to protect the tree....."

Everything goes black as I lose consciousness and go into deep slumber.

————To be continued————

(A/n: how was it? If you liked it then get ready for a new chapter that will feature nightmare sans and his new brother Dream! Also know that I suck at writing so don't have any high expectations.)