Chapter 26

Third POV

Across the Black Sea in the depths of Ahtohallan Elsa stands frozen in ice. Her face contorted in pain and her hand outstretched for someone to take. A bright light flashes and suddenly her body is thawed. The ice below her breaks sending her into the water below. 

From a short distance, the Nokk watches with worry. He swims over to Elsa's fallen form and lifts her through the water. As they reach the surface of the water Elsa wakes up but something doesn't feel right. "Y/n?" 

The Nokk understands for neither of them can sense the girl. 

Elsa begins frantically riding through the violently rolling waves in search of her girlfriend. 

The Nokk whines and begins to glow. A soft purple glow responds a ways away. Elsa sees the crystal around y/n's neck glowing softly as the girl sinks deeper into the water. Elsa guides the Nokk towards y/n and quickly scoops her up on the horse. Quickly they head to the surface. The Nokk gallops on the rushing water while Elsa strokes y/n's cheek.

"Wake up. Please wake up. I came back for you." Elsa whispers. 

y/n sputters and coughs up some water before gasping for breath. Her eyes open and when she sees Elsa smiling down at her she gasps and sits up to hug her, tears streaming down her face. "I thought I lost you." She sobs. 

"No, you saved me," Elsa says wiping the tears away. 

Y/n smiles at Elsa. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees they were quickly approaching Arendelle a top a raging wave. "Elsa, Arendelle."

Elsa looks up and nods in determination. She holds tight to y/n and directs the Nokk to jump down the wave and race faster towards the walls of the castle. The three stop right in front of the walls and the Nokk turns around to face the oncoming wave. 

Elsa throws her hands out wide creating a shield of ice directing the water away. Slowly the water levels stabilize and Arendelle is left standing. Y/n exhales in relief. She turns to Elsa and smiles. "I like this new look." And promptly gives her a quick kiss. 

On the clifftop the citizens of Arendelle clap and cheer. Elsa and y/n look up at them and smile before turning and heading back up the river to find Anna. 

y/n POV

I lean against Elsa as we ride up the river towards the forest. "Hey Gale." I call out to the wind spirit. They respond with a joyful giggle. Yes, seer.

"Go find Anna and get her to come to the water shore."

Gale chirps and flies off to find Anna.

Me and Elsa ride across the water until in the distance I can see the shore and the woods beyond. I see faintly a figure standing on top of some rocks looking out at us. As we get closer I make out the figure as Anna. Anna recognizes us too and quickly jumps down the rocks to stand on the shore. 

The Nokk takes us right up to the edge of the water and bows as me and Elsa slide off him. He disappears into the water as me and Elsa stand next to each other smiling at Anna. 

"Is it really you?" Anna asks on the verge of tears.

Me and Elsa share a look smiling at each other before stepping forward and holding our arms wide for Anna.

"Anna." Elsa says with a small laugh. 

Anna laughs and sprints into our arms. We three embrace as Anna sobs. "I thought I'd lost you two." 

"Lost us?" I ask.

"Anna you saved us," Elsa says and runs a hand through Anna's hair. 

"I did?" Anna asks through sobs.