Chapter 8

We walk through the thick blanket of snow. Kristoff and Sven leading, Anna in the middle and myself bringing up the rear. I pause and look through the line of trees getting a clear view of the frozen fjord and snow covered kingdom we called home.

"Arendelle." I sigh sadly. Anna, Kristoff, and Sven join me and look at the kingdom.

"It's completely frozen." Kristoff says.

I look away and Anna puts a confident smile on, "it'll be find. Elsa will thaw it."

"Will she?" Kristoff asks skeptically.

"Yeah, now come on." Anna turns and points, "this way to the north mountain?"

Kristoff laughs and lifts her pointing arm slightly higher so she's pointing up, "more like this way."

I look up the mountain not excited for the climb but determined to fix this. I smile slightly at Anna's reaction before we all begin walking again.

As me continue on the landscape changes and a beautiful frozen waterfall sits surrounded by trees with dangling beads of ice on their branches.

"Wow." I whisper in awe as I touch some with my hand and listen to them clink as they hit each other.

Anna and Kristoff have similar awestruck facial expressions as we wander around this winter wonderland. Sven frolics happily around, many of the strings of ice getting wrapped around his antlers.

"I never knew winter could be so beautiful." Anna says.

"Yeah~ it really is beautiful isn't it." A voice says.

Use three look at each other in confusion before looking around for the voice.

"It's so white though, how about some color. I'm thinking maybe like some crimson, , chartreuse. How about yellow? No, not yellow. Yellow and snow? Brrrr...no go!" The voice laughs.

We all look to the middle to see a snowman smiling. "Am I right?" It asks.

Anna screams in surprise before kicking the head which sails over to Kristoff.

"Hi." The head says.

"You're creepy." Kristoff says before tossing it to me.

"I don't want it!" I say and toss it to Anna.

"Me either." Anna says and tosses it to Kristoff.

Kristoff catches it, "woah right back at ya." He says and throws it to Anna. The head gets tossed around a bunch more before the body wanders towards Anna.

"Ew. We, the body." Anna says and throws the head towards it. The head and body collide and go sliding back.

The snowman gets up again, only his head is upside down. "Wait. What am I looking at? Why are you hanging of the earth like bats?"

Anna walks over to the strange snowman, "wait hold on." She moves his head so it's back right side up.

"Oh! Thank you!" The snowman says, "now I'm perfect."

"Well almost." Anna digs around in her bag while the snowman whispers to Sven. She pulls a carrot out of the back and tries to put it on the snowman's face but ends up accidentally shoving it all the way through his head. "Oh! I'm sorry. I was just..."

The snowman shakes his head, "woah! Head rush." He gasps when he sees the tiny piece of carrot.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Are you kidding? I am wonderful! So cute. It's like a little baby unicorn." Anna pushes the rest of the carrot out and the snowman gasps yet again. What? Hey! Woh! Oh, I love it even more! Hah. Alright, let's start this thing over. Hi everyone. I'm Olaf. And I like warm hugs." The snowman opens his arms to Anna who still kneels in the snow.

'Olaf? I knew the snowman looked familiar.' I thought to myself.

Anna seemed to be thinking the same thing as she stares off into space. "Olaf? That's right, Olaf!"

"And you are?" Olaf prompts.

"Oh! I'm Anna and that's (y/n)." Anna points to herself then me.

"Ok. And who's the funky looking donkey over there?" Olaf asks.

"Oh, that's Sven."

"Okay and who's the reindeer?"

Me and Anna share a confused look. "Sven.." Anna says again.

"Oh. Okay, making things easier for me." Sven tries to bite Olaf's nose but he jumps back, "Ha! Look at him trying to kiss my nose. I like you too!"

"Olaf?" I ask and the snowman turns to me, "did Elsa build you?"

"Yeah, why?" He says.

"Do you know where she is?"

"Yeah, why?" Kristoff takes Olaf's hand and examines it.

"Do you think you could show us the way?" I ask.

"Yeah, why?"

"How does this work?" Kristoff says as he looks at the stick arm.

Olaf slaps him, "stop it Sven I'm trying to focus." Olaf reattaches his arm and turns back to me. "Yeah, why?"

"I'll tell you why. We need Elsa to bring back summer." Kristoff says.

"Summer?" Olaf asks.

Anna nods.

"Oh, I don't know why but I've always loved the idea of summer, and sun, and all things hot." Olaf says.

I furrow my brows in confusion. "Really?"

"Really? I'm guessing you don't have much experience with heat." Kristoff says.

"Nope! But sometimes I like to close my eyes and imagine what it'd be like when summer does come." Olaf closes his eyes and hums.

Anna smiles warmly while Olaf sings.

"I'm gonna tell him." Kristoff says.

Anna slaps his arm, "don't you dare."

I shake my head as Olaf finishes his song and stars laughing.

"Come on! Let's go bring back summer!" Olaf declares as he skips off.

"I'm coming. I'm coming." Anna says and follows.

Me and Kristoff stay behind. We share a look before he says, "somebody's got to tell him."