Chapter 4

I'm walking quickly to get to the ballroom and make sure everything is ready for tonight. I run into Kai again.

"Sorry Kai. My thoughts are not focused." I smile sheepishly.

"Where are you going in such a hurry?" He asks.

"To the ballroom. I got help get everything ready." I explain.

"Well, don't worry about that. You are officially off duty for the remainder of the night, courtesy of the queen." Kai says.

"Oh! Thanks for letting me know, Kai." I say. I turn to thank Elsa but Kai stops me.

"You aren't gonna go in that are you?" He asks.

"Uhh." I look down at my servant uniform.

"There's something for you in your room. Wouldn't want people to think you'll be serving them tonight." Kai smiles.

Confused yet intrigued, I rush off towards my room while waving bye to Kai. I run down the halls like a headless chicken towards my room. I throw open the door and see a beautiful (F/c) dress on a mannequin. I run my hand over the soft fabric and admire the detail and design. "Wow." I whisper. I've never owned, much less worn, anything this valuable. I see a little card next to it.

You could use the night off and among inspection of your wardrobe you were in need of a new dress. I hope you like it.

Yours truly,
Elsa

My smile widens and I hug the card to my chest. I definitely have to thank her now. I put the card on my bed and pull the dress off the mannequin. I slip behind my changing screen before slipping out of my servant clothes.

I step out from behind my changing screen and look in the mirror. The dress flows around me and fits perfectly. I undo my bun and let my hair be free. I brush it out until it frames my face perfectly. I take a deep breath and open my room door, heading towards the ballroom.

Elsa POV

I stand before the crowd of guests, Anna next to me. My eyes scan for (Y/n). Then I see her...

She steps shyly into the ballroom

She steps shyly into the ballroom. Her dress looks beautiful on her and her hair frames her face nicely. I don't realize I'm staring until Anna speaks.

"Wow, (y/n), you look amazing." Anna says.

(Y/n) blushes and I find it kind of cute. "Really. I mean the dress is stunning but I've never worn anything like this. I have no idea how to act." She says.

I'm about to say something when Kai interrupts. "Your Majesty. The Duke of Weaseltown."

"Weselton! The Duke of Weselton." The duke takes a step closer. I notice (Y/n) take a step back. "Your Majesty, as your closest partner in trade, it seems only fitting that I offer you your first dance as Queen." The Duke does a little fiddle with his feet then as he bows his head and holds out his hand his toupe tips forward making both me and Anna giggle, even (Y/n) giggles a little.