Chapter 13

"Hey Toby? I was thinking on maybe getting a job. What do you think?" I asked as I put my now empty flask on the counter "i'd rather you not but, you can do what you want" Toby said as he walked out of the bedroom "why not?" I asked as I looked at him "we'd just have less time together." He answered as he pulled at the sleeve of his hoodie "I feel like we never really do anything with our time" I said as I  ran my hand through my hair. "We do sometimes" he said as he started to walk over to me "yeah, but I feel like if I got a job that we would have more food and stuff" I said as I looked around the kitchen "where do we even get our money from right now?" He asked turning his head sideways a little, like a dog "your and my parents" I answered as he stood next to me. "What?" He asked, looking confused. "Yeah, they send a check every month. Dont you ever wonder why the mailbox is always empty when you check it?" I asked. Before he could answer there was a knock on the door. "Who could that be?" I asked myself as I walked over to the door "who knows" Toby answered as he shrugged. I opened the door a little bit and looked outside. It was Zeke. "Hey pup, I wanna talk to you..." He said quietly after he waved at me "theres no need for that. I dont want stupid excuses for the crap you've done" I said. It was a little difficult for me to say this, but I managed. "I dont think you heard me. I said I want to talk!" He said with a little more force than he was talking with before. I knew that he'd been a little mad by how he was acting.  "What do you want to talk about?" I asked a little annoyed "us" he said almost before I finished talking. "There is no 'us'. We were over when we broke up the first time." I said as I crossed my arms. He then stomped his foot and teleported so I shut the door and turned around and there he was again. He pushed me aginsed the door and started yelling at me. "I tried the easy way Zack! I want you back! I'm not myself without you!" He yelled. Then he looked me dead in the eyes. "and If you refuse, I'll kill both of us so you can deal with me in hell too!" He finished. He'd never threatened to kill me before. Thats also the first time in a while he called me Zack. This was the final straw. So I teleported way behind him and after I got over my motion sickness I started yelling back "thats where your wrong! Your the only one whos going to hell Zeke!" I yelled as he turned around. At this point Toby caught my eye. He was watching us, he looked scared but I think he was listening carefully. "Well, I drag you down with me then!" Zeke said as he started walking twards me. I needed to get out of here and I needed Toby to come with me. And although I could teleport two times in a row, it would be really hard to see whats happening around me because of the motion sickness I get from it. I decided that even if I did fail, it would be better then trying nothing at all so I teleported over to the kitchen and tried to navigate my way around to where Toby was. Eventually I lost my balance and fell, but what I fell on didnt feel like the floor. "Whats going on?" I head Toby's soft voice say. Okay I got him. So now what do I do? Where should I go? Zeke knows almost everywhere i've been. So I teleported to the first place that came to mind: my room. When we got there, my head was spinning like crazy. I shut my eyes and just lied on the floor. "What the heck just happened?!" I heard Toby ask. "I teleported us" I answered as I lied on the floor. "That was fun" I heard him say. "What?! Are you not dizzy?!" I asked in astonishment. "No I am, I just like the feeling" he said. Now that I was almost over the motion sickness, I opened my eyes and saw that Toby was all the way across the room. "Hey, what are you doing?" I asked as I tried to stand up "im looking at your stuff. I found some mace over here" he answered as he turned around with something in his hand "whatever" I said shaking my head and tring to hide a smile "so anyways, whats going on with this guy?" He asked as he put the object in his pocket. "Its just Zeke being a jerk because I dont want to be his boyfriend" I answered rolling my eyes "so that was him?" He asked after he scoffed "yeah it was" I answered as I started to walk twards the door "you have horrible taste" I heard him say under his breath. I just scoffed as I walked into the room outside of my room. The room wasn't used for anything, probobly because it had a weird shape. It was almost like it was drawn with graph paper. There were a bunch of random corners and walls in the room, as if you put 4 rectangles together on the left, right, top, and bottom and left the ends sticking out. It was hard to explain. "Alright, we dont have a lot of time Toby. He'll be here any minute. He knows almost everywhere ive been" I said as I leaned on one of the walls to the left of my door "how does he know all that?" Toby asked as he walked out of my room "because we used to do everything together" I answered as he leaned aginsed the opposing wall to the right of my door. We sat in silence for a few minutes untill I heard a light thump in my room. Then when Zeke walked into the room me and Toby were in, he smiled so menacingly that it was creepy "so this is your choice? Come to mommy and daddy for help?" He asked mockingly. I just stayed quiet. "Whats the matter? Cat got your tounge?" He asked as he inched closer to me "Zeke, why do you do this?! Is this what you think love is?!" I heard Toby yell. No. This was bad. This was really bad. He could kill Toby faster than you could say anything. He started walking twards Toby and there was nothing I could do. I was frozen in my spot anyways from shock. When he got over to Toby I could see that he had an idea. That was vey bad. Zeke's Ideas are bad. I wish this was a dream. "So if taking your life isnt enough-(he paused as he grabbed Toby's arm)-why dont I take your human~?" He asked as he smiled and looked in my direction.