chapter 13: NYC

time skip// May 4th 

5:00am 

I woke up to my alarm, blasting in my ears to wake me up. Yesterday, I spent the day with Jaden, Javon and Jayla as it was my last day in Atlanta till mid July. I had prepared myself to not see them all for a while, including my dad. I was only 16 and I had to live without my father for 2 and a bit months so it was going to be hard. I hit the stop button on my phone to stop my alarm and got up to get changed. I opened up my closet and chose out a comfortable outfit for the plane. 

outfit ^^^^^

outfit ^^^^^

After I got changed, I threw my hair into a messy ponytail and applied some mascara. 

Incoming call from J 💞

"Hey I was just checking if you were awake yet?" javon asked. 

"yeah I'm up, just finishing getting ready," I smiled as I finished applying my mascara. I stayed on the call with him as I finished packing my final things into my bag and checking I had everything. 

"Okay ma I'll see you soon." 

"see you soon j," I said whilst hanging up the call. 

I straightened the covers on my bed and grabbed my suitcase and carry on bag which were sitting next to my bedroom door. I double checked that I had my phone and chargers before turning off the lights in my room and shutting the door. I met my dad downstairs, who was going to drive Javon and I to the  airport. 

Javon's pov: 

Y/n was leaving for New York today for a long time so we wanted to say a proper goodbye to each other at the airport. I walked to the bathroom and threw on some comfy nike sweats. I closed the door as quietly as I could so I wouldn't wake my family and grabbed my phone before walking out the front to wait for Y/n and her dad to pick me up. 

Y/n's pov: 

I jumped in the back seat of my fathers car after loading it with my bags. We drove over to Javon's house where I saw him standing out the front waiting for us. "Good morning Wanna," my dad greeted him. "Morning Andrew and morning ma," he smiled, slipping into the back seat next to me. We started our drive towards the airport, listening to the radio. "excited?" javon asked me as I rested my head on his shoulder. "nervous and excited I guess," I replied. He placed his arm around me and pulled me closer so that I felt comforted. 

After a long but comforting drive to the airport, we had finally arrived. I got out of the car, after javon, and had a long stretch. My dad and Javon helped me to grab my bags out of the trunk and take them from the car park, into the airport. "Alright let's get you through security so you won't be late boarding," my dad suggested. I got through security and decided that we would go to Starbucks because I was dying for a coffee. 

"Hey may I have an iced caramel latte?" I asked the waitress. "of course, anything else?" she asked. My dad and Javon also both ordered a coffee and we sat down to wait for them to be ready. After getting our coffee's, we went to a small gift shop where I got a fluffy blanket and a few snacks for the plane. 

It had been around 20 mins so we began to walk towards the boarding area. The closer we got, the more fear I had of leaving Javon and my dad. My stomach was churning with fear and every step we took, it got worse. I took a deep breath as we arrived at the boarding area. Once we got there, we began to say our goodbyes. 

"Don't forget to call and text me all the time kiddo. You will have so much fun and if any time you need me, I will catch the quickest plane out there," my dad smiled, pulling me into a tight hug before kissing me on the cheek. "I'll let you guys be, meet me in the car wanna," he said before giving me one last hug. "Goodbye honey." "Bye dad I love you." I watched as he walked back towards the carpark, slightly tearing up at the idea of being away from him. 

After I watched my dad disappear, I looked up at javon who had a soft smile on his face. "I'm so proud of you ma, imma miss you like hell." "Thanks J, I'm going to miss you too," I smiled, letting a soft tear fall from my eye. He pulled me in for a long hug, wrapping his arms around my waist as I wrapped mine around his neck, digging my head into his neck. I pulled my head out of his neck and gave him a long kiss, feeling his soft lips press against mine. As we pulled out of the kiss I heard my gate number get called. "Here, take this," he said, pulling off his hoodie and handing it to me. "Aww thank you wanna." He pulled me in for one final quick kiss before watching me walk towards my gate with his jumper gripped in my hand.