Rae + OC: Sick

Request!

• • •

{Rae's POV}

"Ray Mond, will you attend the city ball with me?" Lana asked Ray as the two were on the beach at sunset.

I gasped and jumped my character around. "Yes, yes, yes! Lana, you're the cutest ever!"

Viviana laughed on her end. "You will?! Aww, yay! I'm so excited to go now!"

"And your gang's okay with us going together?" I asked, obviously nervous since our gangs weren't exactly on the best of terms.

"Oh yeah! They're totally chill with us now that everything has been cleared up a bit," Viviana explained. "They—"

"Rae?" a small voice called out to me while I was playing.

"Lana, love, I'm so sorry to interrupt you, but I'm gonna be out of my headspace for just a quick second," I said really fast before running away and pausing.

I spun around in my seat and took my headphones off one of my ears. "Hi, baby. What's up?"

Bailey sniffled and fiddled with the sleeves of her hoodie which now looking at it, it was mine. She looked down at her feet and continued to sniffle.

"I-I don't feel so good, Rae," she sounded like she was about to cry.

My heart ached at the sound and I pushed my chair back a bit so she could come sit in my lap. "Aww, my poor baby. What's wrong?"

Still sniffling, Bailey nuzzled into my neck and I felt tears hitting my skin. "I'm sweating but I'm so cold, my nose is sniffly, and my tummy hurts."

Tearing up, I squeezed my girlfriend tighter and rested my chin on her head. "I'm so sorry, Bails. Hey, why don't I end stream here and I'll run you a bath?"

Bailey shuffled around in my lap, trying to get as close as she could. "But—but I don't want to interrupt your game. You were...you were making progress with Lana."

"She can wait, baby," I started rubbing her back. "I'll DM her later and let her know what's up. Right now, you're my top priority."

"DM'ing other girls, hmm?" Bailey laughed before she started coughing.

With my heart breaking even more, I held her tighter. "Only to tell her that my beautiful girlfriend is getting sicky."

"Ew, Rae, don't say that ever again," Bailey giggled.

Laughing, I started closing down GTA. "Fine! Let me wrap up stream and then I'll run you a bath."

Bailey nodded and I felt her eyes flutter shut. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "Okay, guys, if you haven't noticed already, I'm gonna end stream a bit early. Bailey's not feeling well so I'm gonna obviously check for Covid and then I'll probably get her tested to see if it's like the flu or whatever else it may be. I will see you guys hopefully soon. I will also let you know how Bailey's feeling when we get results and stuff. Okay, goodbye guys! See you next time!"

With that, I ended my recording and looked down at the girl in my arms. She was sound asleep, her hands balled into fists gripping my hoodie. I sighed again and took my headphones off fully. I pushed back in my chair more and stood, carrying my girlfriend to my bed. Carefully placing her down, I made sure not to wake her. She stirred a little but remained in her comatose state.

I tucked her in halfway since she said she was sweating but also was cold. I made sure she was comfy before heading out of my room, shutting my door as quietly as possible. I headed for the kitchen where I found Yvonne cooking something.