Rae + OC: Triple Trouble

{Rae's POV}

"Oh good lord," I heard my best friend Imane say. "Here come the triplets."

I looked up from our table in the student centre and saw three strikingly similar-looking people walk to their own table.

"What's wrong with them?" I asked as I ate a forkful of my salad.

Imane scoffed and angrily took a bite of her sandwich. Then she proceeded to talk with her mouth full. "They're hot but they're bad. Like really bad. Rumor has it that they harassed the admissions to let them all get in."

I narrowed my eyes at her wild accusation. "Well, I doubt that the latter is true. But I don't doubt the first. They are certainly hot, but they also look very bad. Like they look like trouble."

The only girl met my gaze and she smiled almost wickedly at me. I suddenly felt very shy and offered a small smile back. She chuckled, saying something to her brothers, and picked up her food tray, making her way over to where Imane and I sat. Well, I guess Imane already saw what was going to happen because she was nowhere in sight.

"Hello, love," she spoke through an accent. "Mind if I sit with you?"

With my cheeks still on fire, I could only nod. "N-no. You're fine. I mean, you're fine to sit with me. N-not that you're not fine too. You are fine, pretty even. I just—"

I was cut off when the blonde smiled impossibly wide at me and said, "Love, take a breath, please! I don't want you to faint on me. And thank you. I think you're pretty as well."

With that, she threw a wink my way and at that moment, I honestly think I could have passed out. "Th-thank you. I'm Rachell by the way, but I like to go by Rae."

"I'm Trent," the blonde replied. "Those dweebs over there are my brothers, Tyler and Troy. We're triplets actually. But, hopefully, you don't see too much of them."

She let out a chuckle and, good god, she's not helping with keeping me from fainting. "It's really nice to meet you. I don't think I've seen you around campus before."

Trent waved a hand at me, dismissing the thought. "Most of my classes are online. The only class I've got to physically go to is chemistry and its lab. I spend most of my time in the library for my online classes."

In awe, I shot her a half-smile. "Wow, that's really cool! Who's your professor for your chem classes?" I asked, silently hoping she was in my class and I just haven't noticed her.

"Some dickwad named Sanders," Trent answered whilst rolling her eyes. Meanwhile, I was trying so hard to keep my celebration inside. "God that woman may be hot as hell but goddamn she's also annoying as hell."

I giggled a little at her comment and tried to cover it since I didn't really like my laugh. Trent, however, gave me a reassuring smile and rested her hand on top of mine.

"Don't hide your laugh, love," she whispered, causing me to shudder. "I think it's really cute."

***

{a few weeks later}

"Rae, you're like in another world!" my other friend Jeremy laughed at me. He placed his lacrosse stick on the wall next to his seat and sat down next to me. "Did you get dicked down and not tell us?!"

I nearly choked on my water when he asked that. "No! Gross, no, you asshole! I just..I'm thinking about things."

"Hopefully you're thinking of me," an accented voice called out from beside me. "I'm just kidding. That was a little forward, I'm sorry."