20- in the hospital

"Hey"
I say as I close the sliding door to the hospital room behind me.

"Hey there"
Icyhot sits up in his bed.

"You look like shit"
I sigh as I walk over to the bed.

"So do you"
The sickly and pale looking boy eyes me up and down.

"You know what though?"
I say

"What?"

"You still have the best ass out of everyone in this hospital"
I say with a smirk and sit on his bed.
He raises an eyebrow.

"Is that so?''
He chuckles.

"When will you be out?"
I ask him.

"When the fever's down and they can be sure I'll be fine"
He sighs, rubbing his forhead with a frown. Looks like he has a heasache.

"So how long do you think it'll take?"

"I don't know. Like two, maybe three days"

"Three days!?"

"That's what they said"
He shrugs.

"Such a drag. But I guess it's fine since you're sick"

"You guess?"
He chuckles.
"Thank you, Katsuki"

"For what?"

"Just...being here."
He mutters.

I lean in for a kiss, since...well good mood for it, right? N
But Sho unexpectedly pulls back, covering my mouth with his hand.

"I've thought about this and I want to say something"
He mumbles. I just raise my eyebrow in confusion, my mouth still covered with his hand.

"The thing is...the nurse told me how you freaked out and I can tell how stressed out you are by this. I mean....look at the shadows under your eyes"
He strokes my cheek with a sad look in his eyes.
"So let me ask you...what if something worse put me in the hospital or something happened, where the hospital wouldn't be an option anymore? Then-"

"Let me cut you off right there."
I say as I take his hand.
"I told you to quit trying to breaking up with me all the time. I will not let anything happen to you and if you land in the hospital or get sick or pregnant-"

"I am not going to get pregnant"

"Let me make my point"
I poke his forehead
"No matter what fucked up thing happens, I'm gonna help you through it, okay?"

"But-"

"Not buts. If something bad happened, you being all alone, would only make it worse."

"You always make jokes like that."
He rips his hand from my grip.
"Bakugou, you know exactly that I'm never going to get pregnant or anything of the likes. If you really want that, then I'm not the right partner. You realize that, right?"

"It s just a joke. I mean, kids are great and all, but what's the point if I didn't love their mother? You know how I much I care about you. So why keeps doing this?"

"Bakugou, this relationship has been cursed from every side. What the fuck even is this? We became close because of my mental issues. That's not a good start and you know it"

"So? Who cares?"

"I do! This is something that troubles me, Katsuki!"

"If it's such a big problem for you, I ll stop making those jokes, okay? They're not meant seriously anyway"

"That's not the biggest issue here. Are you even listening to me!?"

"Yes I am! But none if it fucking matters!"

"Excuse you!?"

"No wait! That's not what I meant"
I try to grab his hand but snatches it away and glares at me, releasing a sharp breath, that is so cold, it's visible even inside.

"Leave"
He says
"Before I do something that I regret"

"Sho, listen to me"
I say, trying to calm him down.

"No! You listen to me. I don't want to see your face nor do I want to see your face right now. Now get the fuck out before I make you"

"Fine then"
I say and bite down on my lip.
I get up and walk over to the door.

"Nothing ever fucking matters. It only does if you make it. I love you, bye"
I slap the door shut behind me and leave the hospital.
Kirishima has left, so I start walking home.

~
~two days later~

While Icyhot was still hospitalized, Deku and his friends were confronted with some minor villas, even they could easily handle. Yet, we still ended up being told we have to move into dorms. It being a Friday, we had the weekend to move.

Which means I'm now tasked with packing two people's things.
At random, I throw my clothes into a huge suitcase, then do the same with Icyhot's.
Though I have to admit, I m not even sure which are his, since he wears mine a lot.
My gaze wanders over to my desk and nightstand next to it.
There are a few picture frames. One of with a pic of my family and I, one of me and my friends. Then there are two others. One of Icyhot and I, with our usual appethetic looks and one with Icyhot wearing a big smile as he has me kiss his cheek. I remember that day. It was that time we went to the amusement park.
It was a lot of fun. Icyhot was so happy that day and so did I. He loves sweet stuff and wouldn't share his cotton candy, but I distracted him with a kiss, then stole some. It was really funny, eventhough he hated me for it. That didn't hold for long though, because that night was a lot of...fun too.

My heart aches when I think about the date. And him.
I really fucked up.
I miss him.
The worst thing is that now, we'll be living in the dorms and he'll be able to avoid me. We won't see eachother all day, we won't be in the same room all the time and we won't be sleeping in the same, slightly cramped bed.

"Shit"
I mutter and walk over to the desk. After staring at it for a little, I pick up the frame and stare at Icyhot's smile.

"I'm sorry, my love"
I mumble.

"What the fuck? Am I some heartbroken 14 year old!?"
I sigh and grab all of the picture frames and put them into my suitcase.

I've texted him every morning and night, to make sure he's okay. I've never received an answer though.
I worry I've really fucked up now.

***
1065 words