4~ a hot mess

Baku POV

~a week later~

"Good night"
Icyhot says.

"Uh-huh"
I turn, facing away from him and close my eyes.
I listen to his calm, quiet breathing and eventually doze off too.

Only a few hours later, I wake up again. Confused as to what woke me up, I sit up and start looking around. I groggily rub my eyes and let out a deep sigh. Just as I'm about to lay back down, I notice the quiet whimpering coming from my right.
I can't see a thing in the dark, so I turn on the little reading light on the nightstand.
The dim light illuminates the whole room and reveals the boy on the futon crying, gasping for air as if he was choking. I eye him, still completely confused as to what is even happening.
It looks like he's still asleep -caught in a nightmare that seems to be horrible enough to push him to the point of having a panik attack while still asleep.

I get out of my bed and sit next to him, trying to think of a way to help him.

"Sh~"
I lean down next to his ear.
"It's okay"
I add in as sweet of a voice I can muster.
I put my hand on his sweat drenched head.
At the same time, carefully taking one of his hands, carressing both -the back of his hand and his forehead.

"Don't worry"
I whisper.
"You can fight it. No matter what it is~"

His tossing and turning tunes down a bit, but this means he's now tightly holding onto my hand...in his sleep...

"Sh~"
I whisper next to his ear.
"I'm here now, so you can relax"

After what seems like at least half an hour of me stroking his hair and squeezing his hand, Icyhot finally calms down. His cheeks may be drenched in tears, making him look like a mess but at least he's breathing normally and laying still.
I let out a deep sigh and slump down onto the floor. Now lying on my side, I can't help but stare at the boy stoll holding my hand in a tight grasp.

This guy is a hot mess, huh?

~

"Bakugou. Can you lend me your notes?"
Kaninari asks.
"I fell asleep during math"

"Didn't take any notes"
I sigh and lean back in my chair.

"Yes you did! You always do!"

"Go ask someone else"
I close my eyes and try to shoo him away.

"Why are you so mean? I'm your friend. Quit being an ass"

"Okay! Fine!"
I hit him in the head with the gray notepad.
"Fucking happy now?!"

"Yes"
He smirks and takes out his phone to take pictures of my notes.

"Hey, wanna hang out at your place after school?"
He asks.

"No."
I get up
"I'm going to the restroom"

I start walking and leave the classroom making my way to the restroom located farthest away from it.
I don't actually have to pee. It's just that I didn't want to talk to anyone, the events of last night still weighing on my mind. -I eventually went back to bed after falling asleep on the floor while holding his hand. He of course didn't notice nor remember any of the weird happenings.
I walk in and sigh, walking over to the sink.
Confused, I look at the oddly familiar phone next to the faucet. It's black and has a crack in the right corner.
I take it and press down on the power key, revealing a familiar wallpaper. A picture of that girl crushing on deku who's standing next to him, the robot, that frog girl, Icyhot and that other annoying girl (Yaoyorozu) taking the picture.
I know the picture. And it tells me that this must be Icyhot's phone.
I quietly turn around and shove my hands, along with the phone, in the front pockets of my pants. I eye the closed but unlocked stall doors and take a step toward the one all the way in the back.

"You know..."
I say.
"I don't particularly care about you or anything, but I do have a question"

"I should just ask?"
I say after not receiving an answer.
"Okay then. Did you dream last night?"
I ask, still not receiving an answer.

"Answer when someone asks you a question"
I slowly push the door open with my foot, revealing the boy crouching on the toilet, his hands covering his mouth and his cheeks covered in tears.

"For God's sake"
I curse under my breath and turn around again.

"You can cry now"
I state and hear him let ot a shaky breath.
I glance over my shoulder and see he hasn't moved.
"Jeez..."
I walk back over to him, pulling him down from the toilet, then sit him down with his back against the wall of the stall. I take off my blazer and throw it over his head as I sit him down next to me.

"Now I can't see you."
I put my hand on his head and listen to the muffled sobs sounding from under my jacket.
This goes on for the rest of the lunch break, until he goes quiet and just sits there.

"I'm gonna leave now"
I pat his head.
"Give me back my blazer when you come back to class, but I'm taking your phone as penalty"

~

I throw a crumbled piece of paper right at the dual colored head across the room.

"What the-"
He mumbles and turns around with the broom in his hand.
"Bakugou?"
He raises an eyebrow.

"You missed a spot"
I point at the ball of paper.
Icyhot mutters something under his breath and picks it up.

"Why are you still here? You just went ahead the last couple of days"
He asks as he throws the paper ball in the trash can.

"Didn't feel like it"
I shrug.

"If it's about lunch, I don't need your pity"

"Pity? As if. I wouldn't even think of giving you the privilege of pitying your sorry ass"
I cross my arms infront of my chest and lean against the wall.

"Ouch. That was harsh"

"Go cry about it, crybaby"
I scoff.

"I'm not a crybaby! In fact, you saying stuff like that could cause trauma"

"Mimimi~"

"You're an asshole"
He says annoyed.

"Aw~ thank you~"
I snicker and watch him wipe the chalk covered board.
"Hurry up. If Aizawa sees me here I'm gonna be in trouble for not doing anything all week"

"You could always just help me"

"As if"
I scoff.

"I'm done anyways"
He says and goes to wash his hands.
I grab his bag from his seat and wait for him by the door.

"Thanks"
He says as I hand him his bag.
We walk next to each other in silence for a while, until we're only a block or two away from my house.

"You still have my phone"
Todoroki suddenly says.

"Ah right"
I hand him his phone back and he sighs in relief after unlocking it, then suddenly stops in his tracks.

"Are you kidding me?"
He asks and shows me his lock screen.
I changed his wallpaper on both his home and lock screen. Now both are a selfie of me from a bit of a downward angle, flipping off the camera with a smirk.

A smirk identical to the one on the picture forms on my face and I keep walking, winking at him.

"4455 is a shitty passcode~"

***
1256 words