Black Bulls

"Thank you for accepting me into your squad," Yuno bows his head "I must sincerely apologise for the way we met before!"

"Sheesh kid," Yami-his new captain flicks his cigarette "I ain't one of those noble jerks. You don't have to act all sophisticated when you're with us."

Yuno raises an eyebrow "right."

As far as he was aware magic knights were supposed to be sophisticated and formal. Not...whatever this was.

"Now then," the man sighs "I need you to answer a question for me."

Yuno gulps.

He can only imagine how many questions they must have after their little stunt at the try outs.

"Do we have one or two new squad mates?"

Yuno blinks "huh?"

"You and tall, dark and mysterious are two separate beings right? I'm assuming you're a package deal?" He looks almost board as he waits for Yuno to elaborate.

He was asking if Asta would be apart of the Black Bulls?

"Oh well...I supposed that depends on how you look at things..."

"And how exactly are we supposed to look at it?" Someone speaks from behind Yami, they're wearing a Black Bulls robe and have a mop of messy brown hair "from where we're standing it kinda looks like you messed around with something you really shouldn't have."

Yuno fidgets.

The mages tone wasn't angry, it wasn't even accusing, rather confused and maybe just a little bit fearful.

However he has never been comfortable discussing Asta with anyone, let alone with people he just met.

"Asta is," Yuno starts but quickly trails off trying to find the right words "he's his own being but he's tied to me...he won't ever stray far...I'm not even sure if he can."

"Is this Asta a curse?" The other mage behind Yami whispers something so quietly he can't quite hear it.

Yuno looks to Yami to fill in the blanks.

Yami huffs a breath of smoke "he a curse?"

Yuno frowns.

Technically the answer is yes but...

He doesn't like to think of Asta as a curse. Yuno hates what he has turned him into but his monstrous form and nature are not his fault, they're Yuno's.

At the same time though he remembers what the church and villagers had said.

Yuno had cursed Asta's spirit, trapping him in the realm and preventing him from ever passing on in peace.

If anything Yuno was the curse.

"Are you going to answer?" He feels a large hand cup his head "or am I gonna have to squeeze those answers out of you?"

Yuno wiggles as he feels the air grow denser "be careful you'll make him angry!"

"I'll be careful after you answered the question."

"Yes," the word feels bitter on his tongue "he's a cursed spirit."

"A cursed spirit?" The brunet asks "I've never heard of that before."

"It's not something I want to talk about!" Yuno snaps.

Yami releases him and Yuno sighs in relief.

"Look Asta is apart of me, he's not going away so you can either accept both of us or neither of us!"