Shipeshape and Bristol Fashion

Embry knew he likely had the world's largest, goofiest grin on his face as he stared down at Freja. She loved him. While he had imagined what it would be like to hear her say those words, it still was overwhelming to finally have it happen. And well, he hadn't exactly thought it would happen like this.

Freja's chuckle brought him out of his daze.

"Think we should probably get in. If you haven't noticed, we are currently standing in the Pacific Ocean in the dead of winter," Freja said. "And I happen to be completely naked."

Embry shook his head and nearly looked down, but then quickly kept his eyes trained on her face, not realizing that she had completely transformed back to her human form and was, indeed, naked. Thankfully, her long hair covered most of her front and she was only above water from the waist up.

His cheeks turned slightly pink as he glanced over his shoulder, seeing her grandparents eagerly waiting for them on the beach, before looking back down at Freja, who was now smirking at him slightly. While she seemed every bit the woman he had fallen for, there was something new about her. A worldliness that she hadn't had before. No matter. He was eager to hear about where she had been and what she had done for the last month.

Reaching down, he lifted her up in his arms, causing Freja to squeal slightly as her grip around his neck tightened.

"I can walk, you know," she quipped. "Again - not The Little Mermaid."

"I know, just..." Embry trailed off, trying to focus on getting back to shore rather than staring at her the entire way.

He wasn't sure why he was so shy about this. He had been phasing for over six years now and it wasn't like he was unused to seeing people naked. He was in a pack with Leah, after all. But there was something about the idea of seeing Freja naked - especially with her grandparents standing a few feet away - that had him blushing like a high school girl.

Freja chuckled softly and shook her head.

"It's the exact same thing as when you phase, if I remember correctly," she said.

"I know, just... we're all a bunch of guys now. And we always tie a pair of pants to our leg so we have clothes on hand," he replied, feeling a bit lame. Especially since Freja, who could be just as awkward and shy, seemed to be taking the entire situation in stride.

"Interesting concept, though I don't think it'll be applicable in my case," she quipped in return.

Once they reached the beach, she leapt out of Embry's arms and ran over to her grandparents, wrapping her arms around both of their necks. Embry stayed back and glanced around, allowing the family a moment as tears fell down Astrid's cheeks and Oscar's eyes began glistening slightly.

And, well, he was trying to avoid staring at Freja.

When she let go, her grandfather quickly gave her his coat and they both wrapped their arms around her shoulders, leading her back to the house with Embry following.

"Where were you?" Astrid asked.

"Come, let her get inside and warmed up a bit before we begin with all the questions," Oscar chided.

"It is a bit chilly. And I'm so hungry," Freja admitted.

"I have some stew. We'll get you dry, warm and fed, and then we talk," Astrid said, glancing back at Embry with a smile.

"Sounds like a plan..."