Sent Up the Pole

Embry leaned against his truck as he waited for Freja to show up with Sven. While he had heard some of the Havsfru prince's comments about Forks, he felt like he might like La Push better. The small downtown area where all the shops and such were located was quaint and a bit rustic and had more character than Forks, in his opinion.

It also didn't hurt that the town was closer to the ocean. Perhaps this wouldn't be as painful as Embry was expecting. When the suggestion came out of his mouth last night, he nearly regretted it. But then he saw how Freja's face lit up and he knew that he couldn't take it back.

"Still not here yet?" Quil asked, stepping out of the shop. Embry looked over, frowning at him.

"No, aren't you supposed to be working?" he asked. Quil snorted.

"Have you seen anyone come in yet?" he asked. "Besides, I want to meet Fish Boy."

"His name is Sven. Freja is likely to smack you if she hears that," Embry replied, looking back out at the road. "And she can actually hurt you now."

He could hear a car coming, but wasn't sure if it was Freja or someone else.

"I won't say that in front of him," Quil scoffed. "Don't want him to think I've been raised by wolves or anything."

Embry rolled his eyes and looked over at Quil, who was barely containing his laughter. Thankfully, he was spared any more jokes when he turned back to the road and saw Freja pull up to the store and park. As soon as she got out of the car, she bounded over to Quil and tossed her arms around his neck.

"Seems someone missed me," Quil said, winking at Embry.

Freja stepped back and smacked him on the shoulder, a move that had him wincing slightly. Embry just chuckled and shot him a look that clearly said, "I told you so."

"Of course, I have, but don't let it get to your head," she said, before walking over and hugging Embry.

He left a kiss on her cheek as he looked over, seeing Sven making his way around from the other side of the car, studying Quil with avid interest. Embry had loaned Freja one of his old coats for the Havsfru, even though Sven swore he wasn't that cold, and it was a bit large on his lean frame. But it was better than putting him in Oscar's clothes, which tended to be a bit outdated and didn't fit any better.

"Are you all so large?" Sven asked.

"Just the packs," Quil said, puffing his chest out slightly. He then smiled and held his hand out. "I'm Quil."

Sven looked down at it and then seemed excited as he reached out and enthusiastically shook his hand. Quil's eyebrows rose in amusement as he glanced over at Embry. Sensing he was about to make a smart-ass comment, Embry gave a short shake of his head, warning him. Quil then turned back.

"I'm Sven," the Havsfru said, finally releasing his hand and stepping back as he looked around. "What is this place?"

"La Push. Where Embry and Quil live. As well was the rest of the packs," Freja said.

"How many?" Sven asked, appearing to ask Freja even though Quil and Embry were standing there. She looked over at them.

"About 10, right?" she asked.

"There abouts," Embry said.

"Why don't we show you the shop," Quil said brightly, already leading Sven inside. Embry looked over at Freja, who was wearing a hopeful expression.

"It'll be fine," he said, softly, as he wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close to him. She only laughed softly.

"Thanks for doing this," she said. "I really appreciate you trying with Sven."