𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞━━━

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓

"𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛
𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝑰𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛
𝐼'𝑚 𝑠𝑢𝑟𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑑 𝑏𝑦 𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒚 𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒔 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝐼 𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑛
𝐴𝑚 𝐼 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜'𝑠 𝒏𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒆𝒅?...𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑛𝑙𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑤ℎ𝑜'𝑠 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒆𝒅"

┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

↳ 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟏⦂

"𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞?"

Chris Pontius had just finished explaining what the Gumball Rally was and how it worked to a very confused Samantha, not exactly expecting her to continue staring at him with a lost expression.

"Ok, so what part of my ten minute explanation did you not understand?"

Samantha leaned back on the counter of her island kitchen and thought back to the past twelve minutes before answering the man, "Like right when you said cars and driving...the rest kinda meshed together, so I got nothing."

"You're joking, right?", Chris brought the hand he was using to point at the girl up to his face and pinched the bridge of his nose, letting out a frustrated sigh while doing so.

Sammy rolled her eyes before pushing herself off the counter, heading towards the living room of the apartment and plopping herself on the couch. She grabbed the remote from the small table and turned on the TV.

Feeling a dip in the sofa from the side her feet laid, The girl turned her attention to her friend who slouched and threw his head back.

"Why do you want me to know about this so bad anyways? I'm not exactly the biggest fan of car shows.", She brought her attention back to the movie she clicked on and waited for a response.

"W-well because, you might never know when the next one might be and it's like a once and a life time opportunity."

"Didn't you say it happens every year?", glancing at the man with a raised eyebrow, she smirked as his face fell, his whimpy excuse of trying to get the girl interested in the car rally failing.

He looked back at the ceiling and then closed his eyes, thinking of another way to get her hooked. All of a sudden his head snapped towards her again, gaining her attention, and he squinted his eyes as he exclaimed, "I thought you weren't listening?"

"Only to the good parts.", she replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

"Dude!"

"What?!", Sammy sat up annoyed and crossed her legs, facing the man, "Drew I don't understand why this is such a big deal for you. You're making it seem like you're getting me ready to drive one of these cars myself."

Rubbing his neck with his left hand, Pontius looked away while murmuring, "About that..."

Trying to get him to look her in the eyes, Samantha laughed, "You're shitting me, right? I mean there's no possible way you thought that by a little convincing I was going to drop everything and drive around the world for week just for a stupid car show."

"No, are you crazy?," his words brought a reassuring peace to her mind. Her shoulders relaxed and she closed her eyes, leaning back on the couch.

"...Johnny will be driving and you'll be with me and Steveo in the back. Which by the way shouldn't be too bad because we're not going around the world...it's only Europe." He finished.

All Sammy did was stare at him. She waited for him to come out and yell, "It's a joke...I'm just kidding" because what he just said was hilarious. Even a early "April fools" would be nice, but nothing.

The more Chris waited for her to respond, the more nervous he got that the nonrefundable ticket to London he pre-bought her was going to go to waste.

"If it makes you feel any better, I already got someone to watch over Hailey while we're away...no charge."

Perching up at her name being called, a fawn Great Dane stared at the man, waiting for his next move. Waving his hand, Chris leaned over the couch to pet the dog that came to his side.

Still no comment.

The girl nodded her head at the statement, slowly getting up so she could be eye level with him. Pontius didn't expect her to be so close when he turned back around and jumped at her close proximity. Looking at his slightly fearful eyes, Sammy wasted no time arguing with him, not finding the need to. It was simple.

"No."