Part 23

um. . .

*cough* 

(OKOK IM SO SORRY ITS BEEN WAHT LIKE 3 MONTHS?! ive just been putting this off cause motivation is hard to come by, but im back baby! so enjoy this little bit of story while i try and figure out what im going to do

AND IM SORRY. WHAT? OVER 25K READS??? HEH? 

Ooo OOoOoO idea: what about a QnA? but for the author (me)? if you want to ask any (appropriate) questions about myself, then leave them at the end of this chapter and next part will be the QnA answers!

love yall <3 )

After a week or so, Ranboo had seen Dr. Soot acting. . .unusual.

Of course, Ranboo didn't mind at all, the way Dr. Soot now stopped by every few days to check on him, or to ask him questions about what he enjoyed doing. Niki had noticed as well, remarking at stuff like how Dr. Soot had eased up a little, although he was clearly trying to hide it. 

One time, Ranboo had actually commented on it, when Dr. Soot had come. 

"Hmm? Wh-What do you mean?" The doctor asked and readjusted his glasses. 

"I meant like, you've been acting differently than normal... Like checking up on the other SCPs, including me. I was just wondering if you are, like, okay or something, you know, like. . ." Ranboo trailed off, fidgeting with his gloves.  Ranboo remembered Dr. Soot scoffing at him and telling Ranboo that he felt better than he had in a while. 

Ranboo was happy for him and didn't bother him about it again. Niki experienced almost the same things, never failing to tell Ranboo about what Dr. Soot had done that day that was not normal for him. Both of them wondered what had happened for this sudden change in mood. Ranboo never told Niki that he thought it might have been him, the day he had saved the doctor. 

The strange noises from outside his wall had changed from banging, to hissing, to cranking and back to banging over the weeks. Now, the noises had become scarcer and didn't wake him in his sleep anymore. 

Today, Ranboo wanted to continue working on walking around again, now that his cast was off. His leg had been numb the first few days and Niki had to massage it to get the blood flowing better. His tail weight was now fully off (finally, thank goodness), allowing him to balance correctly, which was very useful now, with him trying to walk again. 

He leaned against the wall for support, both hands gripping the soft padding, and edged along the wall. His tail stayed in the air, as if afloat. A sharp bang sounded from the other wall but he ignored it. Ranboo then put a little bit too much weight on his leg and winced. 

I wonder how long this will take. Hopefully not too long, I don't want to keep using the annoying wheelchair anymore. Even Niki's said once or twice that it's hard to maneuver it. Ranboo hoped it wasn't that bad for Niki to be pushing him around. 

This was why he'd started practicing walking around, or PT, as Niki had called it. He wanted to get up and about, also wanting to go visit Tubbo normally. Using the wheelchair, Ranboo couldn't go into the room, which meant not being able to feel the grass that was in there. 

His brain was holding onto the tiny piece of what grass felt like and he could tell it was slipping away quicker and quicker. His memories of lying in the field outside his cave were drifting off faster than Ranboo wanted, and he longed to just breathe in fresh air. He had even asked Dr. Soot about going outside, but the doctor had gone silent then changed the subject.