Part 1

((TW: indication of death? and slight blood)) 
His mask slipped off his face just a bit and he readjusted it. Of course, it would never fall off in the first place if there wasn't wind. But there was, here in the overworld. After being kicked out of the Nether, Ranboo had gone to the last available place. He didn't hate it but there were bigger dangers. Like rain. And predatory animals. And humans.

Humans were probably the worst out of all, and even though he had never seen one, the stories of them were enough to make him shiver. They were incredibly smart, with weapons and machines that no one else had. Ranboo usually saw them at a distance, controlling large rolling machines, or walking around in the woods. Thankfully he had put his home in a small cave on the outskirts of a large grassy field. He only saw wild horses and sometimes a lone cow or two. There was the occasional fly-by of a metal tube with a spinning thing on top of it, but they never came to the ground.

Ranboo smoothed his hair out and adjusted his crown. He looked up to see rain clouds blowing in and he sighed, starting to walk back to his cave. He would never be able to get an umbrella unless one blew out over the field from the small town it was next to. He had seen the humans use them, blocking the rain from touching their skin. Ranboo frowned, crossing his arms from the cold wind.

He got to his cave and hurried inside. The rain had just started and one raindrop hit his face. He winced as smoke came off of his leathery skin and he wiped away the water. He hated getting burnt from being part enderman. Half enderman, half something else he would never know. His body was split down the middle, black on his right, white on the left. His hair was also split, but you could barely see it due to the gold crown sitting on his head. Ranboo forgot where he had gotten it from, but he assumed it was from his parents. Parents gave you gifts, right? Right.

He took off his gloves and mask and put them on the makeshift table, going to the basket of strawberries he had picked earlier. He popped a few in his mouth then sat down in his chair, fumbling with his red tie. He always wore a suit, also a fact he couldn't remember why.

Ranboo sat for a while, staring at his mask and gloves. Then he put his head in his hands. The enderdragon had been right to kick him out of The End. He was a mistake, an abomination. She had taken one look at him and said no. It was when had gone to visit her for the first time, on his own. He had gone to introduce himself to her Majesty. She had been confused at first, then she was disgusted and had him leave. Ranboo thought of the Nether and went there, but the piglins were mad about him taking things like food after a while. And now he was here.

He started to tear up but he quickly stopped himself, rubbing his eyes. It would only bring more pain. The scars on his cheeks were deep enough to see under a few layers of tough skin. Ranboo grunted and swallowed, shaking his head. He composed himself and put back on his gloves. He went to the entrance and pushed away the leaf curtain, looking outside and seeing that it was getting dark, raindrops splashing on the soft dirt. Ranboo sighed again, going to the little bed that he had made. He laid down, curling up his long legs and falling asleep.

-w-

Ranboo woke up slowly, sitting up and stretching. It wasn't the best night sleep he could have gotten, but it was still sleeping, so he had to deal with it. He groaned and felt his hair, which was all messed up, and then he felt his crown. He rolled his eyes and took it off his head, setting it on the bed. He got up and walked to the mirror, then started fixing himself up. It was routine. Even if no one was going to see him, he still wanted to look his best.

He finished getting all tidied up and slipped on his mask. It was always the right size and he assumed that he had gotten it for himself. The half-black, half-white mask matched his skin. His crown was also the perfect size with rainbow jewels embedded into it. His gloves were also black and white, correlating with the color of what side of his body they were on. He looked in the mirror again to see his eyes. The right one was green and the left one was red. Heterochromia, they called it. His eyes glowed a faint light. It all felt so calming to focus on the present rather than the past.

Ranboo ate a couple more strawberries and went outside. It was somewhat dry, although the mud squelched under his feet. He quickly went to the drier spots and took in the sun shining through the clouds. He took in a deep breath. He didn't enjoy the new smells of the overworld, but in the few months he had been here, he should have gotten used to them by now.

His ears flicked, listening for something strange and not hearing anything, he ran out to the felid, laying down in the grass. Ranboo turned over onto his belly and picked a flower, grinning. At least there were good things here. Flowers were one of his favorites, as well as grass. It made him feel warm and calm, most of the worries going away. He sighed in relief, burying his face in the blades of grass.

Ranboo must have fallen asleep because he woke up to the sound of neighing. He looked up and saw a herd of wild horses around him, grazing. He slowly sat up and watched them eat. One looked like the leader of the group, walking around, checking on each horse. It turned its head and spotted Ranboo. It trotted over to him, sniffing his hair and crown. Ranboo lifted his hand towards the snout of the horse. The horse sniffed his gloved hand, paused, and carefully nuzzled it. He softly rubbed its nose and put his hand down once it walked away. He was grinning fully even though the mask was hiding it.

Ranboo watched the herd go off into the distance, over a large hill, until they disappeared over the edge. He looked up at the blue sky, which was something rarely seen when it was raining almost every day. He stood up and brushed off his suit, fixing his tie. He stopped, smelling a small scent of humans. His ears flicked back suddenly as he heard a shot in the distance. Then another one.

Ranboo looked back at the hill, the scent becoming stronger. He rushed towards his cave, tears starting to well up. He went in and covered the entrance with the leaf curtain. He went into the little closet he made and closed the door, shaking. A faint scent of something came through the door. Blood.

Ranboo curled up, tears now fully streaming down his face, smoke coming off his skin. He was violently shaking, failing to calm himself down.

"It's okay. You're fine. You are fine. You are fine. It'sokayit'sokayit'sokayit'sokay." He put his head in his hands, hyperventilating. His mind was swimming, full of thoughts and worries, some new and some older. Ranboo tried making himself smaller, but his mind quit on him and he passed out.

-w-

(A/N: SORRY IF THIS STORY FEELS RUSHED ALREADY, I GUESS I JUST DON'T LIKE LONG STORIES IN THE BEGINNING LMAO))