Part 17

TW: Mentions of death))

Ranboo stared at the new SCP named Slimecicle.

Feeling sorry for the new SCP.

The SCP said something muffled, which brought Ranboo back.

"Sorry, what?" Ranboo asked.

"Oh, I asked, so what now?" The slime-covered smaller repeated.

Ranboo glanced down at the notebook and pen that Niki had given him. At the top it read, "SCP-193". He gripped the pen tighter and clicked it so the pen tip came out. It felt unfamiliar in his hands, yet it had a certain weight to it that reminded him of something, something he could quite grab hold of fully.

"Uh, Niki just wanted me to ask you questions I guess." Ranboo found a spot on the floor where none of the green slime had covered it and sat. His tail curled close to his ankles.

Slimecicle sat down, not noticing the slime around him, or the slime puddle he was making as he sat down.

"Okay. Um, so, do you remember where you came from? Like what area or biome?" Ranboo questioned.

"Oh! I think I came from a swamp, but I've been to tons of other places." Slimecicle claimed.

Ranboo wrote most of that down. The symbols appearing under the pen were stiff at first, Ranboo not having written in a while. But after the first few words, he got back into the flow of it, the symbols now more relaxed.

"Umm, what do you eat? Or do you eat?"

"Nope!" The SCP giggled.

"Oh, o-okay." Ranboo shrugged then wrote again.

They went through a bunch more questions, going back and forth, pen scribbling down notes upon notes. Ranboo couldn't quite tell how long they'd been at this. He was warming up to Slimecicle, even if he was a bit innocent.

"Anything else?" Ranboo asked, the last question coming to mind.

"Uhhhh, I know that eventually, everyone is going to just be dust in the ground. Well. . . . yeah!" Slimecicle said, his smile not coming off his face.

Ranboo was silent until he quietly said, "Oh."

I guess not as innocent as I thought.

He had just brought up that without even blinking an eye, making Ranboo wonder, Has Slimecicle seen that happen so many times that he doesn't care about it anymore?

"Is that all?" The said SCP asked, pushing his glasses farther up his tiny nose.

Ranboo snapped out of his small trance, closing the book.

"Yeah, yep. Mhm." Ranboo nodded, slowly standing up.

"Oh alright then. Tell Niki that I said hi again." Slimecicle stood up as well, his slime-covered hair bouncing up and down.

Ranboo silently waved at the camera and it almost immediately opened for him. Ranboo waved bye to Slimecicle, who didn't notice how Ranboo's face had slightly paled, and the door closed behind him.

Niki was right there, smiling.

"So! How'd it go?" She asked, grabbing his hand and the notebook, then dragging him behind her.

"It went fine." That was half true, the lie was about the last question's answer.

"Good! Now let's get the notes to Dr. Soot." She let go of his hand and held the notes in her left hand.

They walked to the office, but Niki stopped outside and turned to Ranboo.

"How about you just wait out here? I know Wilbur might be a little iffy right now with you."

"Oh sure." He replied, nodding.

Niki pushed through the doors and closed them behind her, leaving Ranboo to his thoughts.

He felt something in his hand and realized that Niki had not taken the pen from him, probably too excited to notice. He flipped it around with his fingers, looking at the small designs along the sides.

It did have a certain weight to it that was trying to trigger a memory, but it was too far back in Ranboo's memory for it to pull it out. Instead, it just lingered in his brain, making Ranboo uneasy.

He heard the door next to him open then saw the small figure of Niki come back out. He slightly hid the pen in his glove, although he didn't quite know why he did it.

"Come on." Niki grabbed his free hand and dragged him back, towards the cafeteria this time.

-w-

Wilbur said goodbye to Niki as she handed him the notebook and walked out. He caught a glimpse of SCP-4480's tail hovering next to the door.

Wilbur sighed, then opened the book, flipping through each SCP's notes. He had written some of the first ones himself, but then he got new members and well, the notes weren't as good after that.

His brown eyes only grazed past the other SCP's notes, until he landed on the pages topped with "SCP-193".

"What the-" He didn't even finish his baffled expression. He stood up quickly, placing the notebook down, looking down at the symbols cluttering the page, not even forming letters, just scribbled symbols that Wilbur couldn't even guess at what they meant.

The first sentence that Wilbur read was,

☊⏃⋔⟒ ⎎⍀⍜⋔ ⏃ ⌇⍙⏃⋔⌿, ⏚⎍⏁ ☊⌰⏃⟟⋔⌇ ⏁⍜ ⊑⏃⎐⟒ ⏚⟒⟒⋏ ⍜⏁⊑⟒⍀ ⌿⌰⏃☊⟒⌇

-w-

AN: YEP SHORT ONE TODAY iwi))