Part 18

*sweats nervously* heyyyyy)) alr so i kinda lost motivation for this cause I couldn't think of anything, but then BOOM brainstorm and this is the first part of that brainstorm. sorry it's still kinda short tho)) 

don't expect a lot of parts, but I'm glad so many ppl like this! LOVE Y'ALL)) 

~~~

"Ah, yes, and then some strawberries for Ranboo." Chef George said, pulling out another bowl from the cupboard. Niki had already gotten her spaghetti, the warm bowl settled nicely in her hands. Ranboo gratefully took his own lunch, tail wagging lightly, and they went back over to their usual spot in the cafeteria.

"So how was the SCP?" Niki asked happily.

"Oh, uh, Slimecicle? He's. . .o-okay I guess." Ranboo stammered before popping a ripe strawberry in his mouth.

"Did you like taking notes? Would you do it again if you were able to?" Niki questioned, nervousness slowly creeping into her. She didn't want Ranboo to be uncomfortable or feel forced to do anything. And she certainly didn't want to be the one forcing anything upon him.

"Um, it was fine. It wasn't really that hard," Another strawberry. "But if you really wanted me to do it again. . .I think it'd be cool." The last part was mumbled through chewing.

Mentally, Niki blew out a breath of relief. "Well, I'm glad you were able to meet another SCP." She finished her spaghetti and pushed the paper plate aside. She stretched, sighing, then watched Ranboo push his bowl away. As she glimpsed up at the clock, she sighed again, more so disappointed this time. Niki looked back at Ranboo. His face fell as he knew that face she gave him.

"Sorry, bud. Time to go." Niki stood up, Ranboo slowly following. He nodded in response, but Niki could tell he felt the same.

They arrived back at Ranboo's room and he sat down against the far wall, a blank expression on as if in deep thought.

"You good Ranboo?" Niki asked.

He seemed to snap out of his thought process and looked up quickly. "Oh- yeah." He gave a thumbs-up.

"Okay," Niki said slowly, making her way back to the door. "Alright, see you later." She closed the door, then stood right outside, rubbing her face.

I hope he's okay. Acting strange after the visit with Slimecicle. . .

She reached for the door handle again until pounding footsteps sounded down the hall towards her, making her spin around. Wilbur's hair was only a bit messed up, more than usual strands of hair falling over his round specs. His sleeves were scrunched up at the end, and his tiny smile almost made Niki do a double-take. She hadn't seen him this hyped about something in a while.

"Hi. . .Dr. Soot. What happened?"

"Niki! Come. I- I think you'll want to see this." Wilbur waved her to follow him, then he started jogging back, Niki surprised at the use of her name and trying to catch up with him.

Niki came through the door to his office, seeing Wilbur standing over his desk, with him holding a notebook in his hands. Niki's notebook, in fact. He seemed like he was reading, but also admiring an art piece he didn't understand.

She walked over and he turned to her, holding the notebook a little tighter.

"Niki. Who wrote the notes for SCP-193?"

"Uh- Ranboo did, sir. I wanted to try and let him interact with others more." Niki set her gaze downwards.

"No wonder! Its DNA wasn't from any of our databases, so its writing wouldn't be from here either unless it was taught by a human, which it clearly hasn't." He looked back at the notebook.

"Wil, what are you talking about?"

Wilbur didn't seem to notice the use of his name as he showed Niki the page on SCP-193. It was full of scribbles, no, symbols. Alien-like symbols. It made Niki slightly shiver.

"What the-?"

"Exactly!" Wilbur agreed. "I freaked out as well when I saw this. SCP-4480..." He started pacing, pondering over the name/number.

"Why are you so. . .excited over this?" Niki questioned.

"I-" He paused to let out a genuine chuckle, the sound reverberating through Niki, a sound she hadn't heard in a while. "I don't know! I guess it just opens some new information for me to consider while working with SCP-4480. And you must know that I love learning new things, so this has gotten me really wound up!"

Niki nodded in agreement, starting to smile.

But before she could get warmed up to this Wilbur, Dr. Dream burst through the door, his lab coat looking a bit worn out than before. Wil suddenly changed back to his former self, fixing his hair and coat, then turning towards Dr. Dream. Niki kept herself from frowning, wishing that the other side of Wilbur could stay just a bit longer.

"Yes?" Dr. Soot asked, his voice now back to being monotone.

"Uh, sir, you- we need you to come and-.... look at this. It's urgent." Dr. Dream stammered, looking from Niki to Soot.

"Coming." Wil took one more glance at Niki before dipping his head to her, to say goodbye, and hurried out of the room, Dream's voice fading away as they went down hallways.

Niki sat down on top of one of the desks and sighed, putting her chin in her hands.

-w-

Ranboo's gaze settled over the pen that he had hidden in his glove. He gripped it the same way that he would hold it to write, and his muscle memory took over and his fingers passed over it, clicking the pen.

He let out a breath as his brain tried to find something that somehow connected him to this writing utensil. The memory was too deep to get out and Ranboo gave a frustrated grunt. He clicked the pen once more and set it on the ground beside him, hugging his knees to his chest and resting his chin on his knees. His tail flicked next to him.

Slimecicle's words ran through his head. "I know that eventually, everyone is going to just be dust in the ground."

How long has he really been around? Like, for real? That's really deep for someone whose personality is the exact opposite. Not even I think about that....not really. I just....forget mos of the time.

He sank deeper into his position and let out a long sigh.

I hope Slime doesn't get as bad treatment as others here. He's just too naive. I guess I was a bit naive when I first got here, but I came here very awkwardly. Not carried in by some box. Unless I was, but he never had to have a straightjacket on him all the-

A piercing sound broke through his thought process, Ranboo's hands shooting up to his sensitive ears and grimacing. The noise blared through his claws, making him want to use them to rip his ears off. It would go for a second, stop, continue for another second, then stop, the cycle not stopping. Red lights flashed above Ranboo.

CODE RED: SCP-7300 HAS BROKEN OUT OF CONTAINMENT. WARNING. REPEAT, SCP-7300 HAS BROKEN OUT OF CONTAINMENT. CODE RED. The automated voice spat out.

Ranboo let out a scream and stood up, ramming into a wall before yelling, "NIKI, HELP ME!" He fell to the ground, elbows and knees taking the impact.

Almost immediately he felt gentle arms grab him and pull him up, and he opened his eyes to see Niki running him towards the door. Ranboo uncovered his ears but he couldn't hear anything, not even when Niki seemed to be yelling something at him, rushing him to the cafeteria where everyone was packed in.

People barely noticed him as they were trying to calm themselves down. A few shot him some glares, but he couldn't pay attention. His hearing was coming to him and he shook his head. Ranboo heard screaming, crying, maybe a few prayers, but he couldn't focus on them.

He had heard the voice say that an SCP was out. SCP-7300.

Who is that?