Chapter 9

Watch bae sing "Be Alright." :)

Melissa's POV:

I hold Bella in my arms, holding her close to my chest.

She stirs in her sleep and I lean down, pecking both her chubby cheeks.

"Daddy should be back any minute now Bella," I whisper.

I look to my right to see Valerie sleeping peacefully on the couch.

I feel my heart sink a little.

Her reaction to Connor dying is gonna be heartbreaking.

When Justin told me last night, I shed a few tears.

The demeanor of his voice completely changed.

He sounded broken, upset, torn.

I can only imagine how Valerie will be.

Connor and I weren't exactly as close as him and Justin were, but we were good friends.

* Flashback *

It's one A.M. and I'm right outside Justin's father's house in Canada. It's very nice and well sized, and it's a nice neighborhood.

I stand outside the door with Connor, my bags on the ground and my heart beating fast.

I look back at Connor. He sees that I'm really nervous.

I didn't expect to meet Justin's family. It's so soon.

"You nervous?"

"Yeah," I breathe out.

"It's gonna be fine. They're gonna love you."

"But, isn't it too soon?," I ask.

He chuckles at me. "So what? I mean, your whole relationship moved fast. But, it's fine. You guys are still a great couple."

He looks like he's about to say something else, but he hesitates.

"What?," I ask, curious.

"It's nothing," he answers.

I punch him in his stomach and he groans a little.

"Damn! Justin must've taught you how to fuckin' punch!," he says, between heavy breaths.

"What were you gonna say?!," I ask louder, getting frustrated.

He sighs. "Fine. I was gonna say your relationship moved pretty fast and Justin really loves you. If he had the chance, he'd probably propose to you right now."

I think about his words. Marriage is so hard to think of, especially with Justin. I love him, and he's my first real boyfriend. I don't wanna fuck things up.

But, the feeling I have with Justin is a feeling that's new and... I like it.

Marriage? I don't know.

I'm not saying that I would wanna marry him. But, if I did I wouldn't mind.

I hear my phone go off and look down.

Justin: I'm on my way babe. I'll be there when u wake up

I smile at the text. At least I have something to look forward to.

I reach over and ring the door bell, and the door is immeadiate opened.

A man in his pajamas stands in front of me, and I already know who it is.