Chapter 2

Caution: This chapter contains sexual content. Read at own risk.

Justin's POV:

"Kill the motherfucker," I boldly state through Connor through the phone.

"Is killing your solution to everything man?"

"Hell yeah. It prevents further problems," I explain.

"If we kill him, that's less of our gang," he points out.

I scoff.

"I don't give a fuck. Maybe if he wasn't such a fuck up, I wouldn't have to suggest this," I say.

"That's some cold shit man," he points out again.

"Again, I don't give a fuck. We don't have time for weaklings in the gang. Especially, when we're still in conflict with the Devils gang."

"So, what if that was Melissa?," he asks.

I stop and replay his words.

"Fuckin' excuse me?," I spat.

"Remember when you saved Melissa from that mall shooting? And you wanted to kill her, but I snapped your ass back into reality and told you she wasn't cooperating with you because she was scared outta her mind? Not just that, but you were being a fuckin' dick. So, then you gave her another chance."

"Yeah, I remember that," I answer.

"If you could do that, why can't you give Blake another chance. He just needs some more work. Chill."

I huff out a breath and run my palm down my face.

"Connor, I'm giving you a week. Get his shit together. If he's not on point, I'm slitting his throat."

"Alright man."

I hang up the phone and sigh.

"What was that about?"

I turn and see Melissa's flawless figure standing in the doorway.

I turn back and shake my head.

"It's nothing baby girl," I breathe out.

I feel her wrap her arms around my waist, resting her chin on my shoulder.

"Then, why are you so tensed?," she asks.

I sigh once more.

"I'm always tensed princess. It's part of the gang life."

She kisses my shoulder and I get out of her grip and turn around, throwing her into my chest.

"That's what I get for making a stupid decision," I tell her.

She raises her eyebrow, making me aware that she's confused.

" You make a decision that you think is good for you. Protection is vital, especially to the ones you love. Little did you know that it would be the biggest mistake of your life. Seeing souls ripped out of bodies right before you. Feeling your heart race every second because you're frightened , but not being allowed to say anything about it because you're supposed to be tough."

She wraps her arms around my neck and I do the same to her waist before resting my forehead on hers.

"Your heart screams for freedom. It screams for your innocence to return.
But, your brain reminds it that it's impossible to retrieve those characteristics. You just want to run away. Run away from this way of life. But, its too late.... Once in, never out."