Chapter 25

A week later, I'm browsing the bookshelves of Barnes & Noble, hoping to get a new book. All of my time recently has been spent texting, calling, or face timing Josh, which hasn't left me a lot of time to myself. I finished my most recent book a week ago and meant to get another, but I've obviously been a bit preoccupied.

It's Tuesday afternoon, almost evening, making the store a bit less crowded than it would normally be earlier in the day. I'm alone in one of the many romance aisles when I hear a voice behind me.

"Need help finding anything?"

I turn around and meet the gaze of a tall boy around my age, maybe a bit older, with striking green eyes and ink black hair wearing a name tag labeled, "Zack". I can't look away from his face due to it's non-traditional beauty. His smile pulls up a bit more on his right side, drawing attention to the dimples that accompany the smile. His jawline is so sharp, it could cut glass, and there was a scar just underneath his hairline, which only added to his beauty.

I realize I've been staring for too long and quickly try to form words, "Um..." I clear my throat and try again. "No, thanks. I was just looking."

I turn back around, facing the books, but Zack speaks up, "May I suggest some interesting reads?"

Ponder the question. I was having an abnormally hard time finding a good book that I haven't already read. Plus, he probably knew this place better than I did.

"Sure, thank you," I say, spinning to face him once again.

He motions for me to follow him, which I do. We walk for a minute or two, zig zagging through the many aisles filled with wondrous stories, just waiting to be opened. We stop next to an aisle near the back of the store that I've never seen. I watch as he uses his fingers to skim the books and finally pulls one out. I watch his back muscles move though his too-tight T-shirt and quickly scold myself and look away as he turns back around.

Zack hands me a book and I look down at it. A smile comes to my face and I shrug, "Already read it." I don't know why, but it felt good to admit that.

He shakes his head and puts it back on the shelf. "Ok, how about this one?"

He hands me another book that he took from the same shelf.

Before I can tell him that I've also read this one, he continues talking.

"It's about two people, who meet in a bookstore, and of course, they fall in love, destined to be with each other."

I smirk at him and reply, "I've also read this book, and that's definitely not the plot. But good try."

His smile falters a bit wen I say this, but picks right back up when he says, "Ok, I know you haven't read this on." He runs away and I find myself alone in the shelves.

'What am I doing?' I think to myself. I'm tell myself that Zack is simply helping me find a book, but I know deep down, that that isn't all that's happening. I decide I'm going to just leave and maybe get a book online, and tart to walk down he aisle.

Before I can get too far, Zack's head pops into the aisle and the rest of him comes with it, slowly. He has his hands behind his back, clearly holding something. He brings his arms from behind him and lifts a book high into the air, making me laugh.

I walk up to him, intrigued by the selection. I hold out my hand, waiting for him to give me the book. He shakes his head, and looks up at the book he's holding in the air. I sigh and jump for it, thinking I'll reach it. NO such luck.

I jump again, this time laughing along with Zack. When I finally grasp it in the air, I don't land right and stumble. His arms reach out to steady me, hooking behind and around my waist.