Chapter 14

Once we finished getting everything ready for my parents, Chris had left to go check out of the hotel and get his stuff. My parents walked in the door and I smiled.

"Hey." I said and walked over to hug my parents.

"Is he here?" Jimmy asked and I shook my head with a slight smile knowing my dad always liked Chris.

"He should be back any second, he wanted to go check out of his hotel." I said and they both looked at me.

"Yes he is staying here, yes he is sleeping in my bed. Problem?" I asked and they both laughed. Donna just placed a hand on my cheek.

"As long as it's what you want." Donna said and I nodded.

"It is, trust me. I missed him." I said and they smiled.

"Logan, how are you and Chris getting along?" Jimmy asked and Logan smiled.

"Chris...dad is amazing! I'm so happy we finally got to meet." Logan said and I smiled.

"Him and mom are getting along great again too...." Logan said and waggled his eyebrows at me and my parents caught his drift.

"Logan, I swear to god..." I said and annoyed and he laughed. Before I could say anything else the front door opened and Chris walked in carrying his suitcase.

"Jimmy! Donna!" Chris said excited and walked over to them after putting his suitcase by the steps and hugged them both.

"It's been too long Chris." Donna said.

"It has." Chris said and looked at me.

"Chris, don't blame her." Jimmy said and Chris sighed.

"I am going to get us all something to drink." I said and walked into the kitchen to get out of the conversation that I didn't want to have again.

"Logan, go help your mom." Jimmy said and he got up and headed into the kitchen

"Wanting Logan out of the room, not a good sign." Chris said.

"Are you still angry with Paisley?" Jimmy asked and Chris sighed.

"I don't want to be..." Chris said.

"Can I let you in on what happened when she found out she was pregnant?" Jimmy asked Chris and he nodded.

*****FLASHBACK FALL OF 1999*****

I sat on the edge of my bed holding the ultrasound crying as Donna held me in a hug.

"I think I know the answer but who is the father?" Jimmy asked and I just glared at him through my bloodshot, tear-filled eyes. Jimmy just nodded.

"Weren't you two smarter than this?" Jimmy asked and I groaned.

"We didn't think it could happen. It was the first time for both of us and we figured it couldn't happen." I said and Donna groaned.

"Oh sweetie." Donna said and held me tighter.

"You need to call him." Jimmy said and I shook my head.

"Yes you do! He had the right to know he is going to be a dad." Jimmy said and I sighed.

"He doesn't want me or a family with me. He wants LA, he can have LA and I can have our baby." I said. Jimmy and Donna looked at each other.

"Can I just lay down please? I'm kind of tired." I said. Jimmy and Donna kissed me and left the room. I took a couple of deep breaths and picked up the phone. I dialed a number making mine private and hung up 3 times. Finally making my number private one last I dialed the number one more time and it went straight to his voicemail.

-This is Chris Evans. I am away from my phone, please leave me a message at the tone so I can gladly return your call.-

I smiled realizing he must have changed it to sound professional. I heard the beep and I took a deep breath.

"Chris, it's Paisley. Listen...this isn't a call I was planning on making and I don't want you to feel obligated about anything but I got some news today. I'm pregnant Chris and it's yours, there no one else it could be. Listen, if you decide this is something you want you can call me back. If not, it's okay and I will be okay to do this on my own. I love you Evans and I hope things are going well for you in your life." I said after giving him my number since I had made it private. I hit the button to listen to the message and panicked.

"If you like to send this message press 1, to delete this message press 3." The automated voice said after the message played. I hit 3 so fast and put the phone down. I just starred at the phone and cried knowing I just made a huge mistake deleting the message but knew a kid right now would ruin his life and the last thing I would want to do to Chris would be to ruin his life. I clutched my pillow and just cried until I fell asleep.

*****END FLASHBACK*****

"That wasn't the first time either. She would tried to call you every few months, under a private number and leave voicemail but delete it. She did want to tell you but she didn't want to ruin the life you made for yourself Chris, it was all for you." Donna said and Chris sighed. Logan and I came walking back in the living room. Chris rushed over to me and gently cupped my face and passionately kissed me. Once we broke apart I just looked at him.

"You tried to tell me..." Chris said and I sighed as tears filled my eyes.

"I did, I want you to know but I didn't want to ruin your life. Logan and I made it by just fine." I said and Chris leaned his forehead against mine.

"I'm sorry I told you that you were only thinking about yourself. I know that isn't true." Chris said and I wrapped my arms around his neck and just hugged him.

"I just wanted greatness for you Chris." I whispered as we hugged.

*************************************************

The next day Chris, Logan and I sat at the kitchen table and Chris was nervous. Now that may parents had given the story up about Logan and me we knew we had to tell Chris's mom Lisa.

"Should we leave him out of frame first?" I asked Chris and she shook his head.

"No, I just want to rip off the band-aid." Chris said and I groaned.

"She is going to hate me." I said and Chris sighed as he opened up the call to his mom. Chris placed a hand on my back and rubbed and I grabbed Logan's hand. Lisa answered the call and smiled seeing all of us.

"Paisley! This is a surprise. Chris where are you?" Lisa asked and Chris sighed.

"I'm in Seattle with Paisley. We got some news mom." Chris said.

"Hi, I'm Logan." Logan said waving at the camera.

"Oh Logan, it's so nice to officially see you and hear your voice." Lisa said and I looked confused and Chris had the same look.

"I'm sorry, what?!" I asked confused and Lisa sighed.

"I've known about Logan since you were pregnant." Lisa said.