Chapter 1

"Mom, come on why not the University of Massachusetts?" My 16-year-old son Logan asked as he looked at the college brochures he got from college day at school.

"Because Logan, Boston is nothing but trouble and trash, not to mention all the way on the east coast, you only have known the west coast and Seattle." I said as I made dinner.

"You just don't want me to go because your time in Boston was horrible." Logan said.

"Logan stop! God, why must you do this? Why can't you pick anywhere else?!" I asked and he groaned.

"I don't want another college! I liked the look of this one. I liked the presentation and their reps were cool. Please mom, can't we just go look?" Logan asked and I groaned.

"Leave the school info on the coffee table and I will look it over tonight." I said and he smiled.

"Thank you mom." Logan said getting up from the stool and kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, yeah. You are so spoiled." I said and he laughed.

"I am going to head to do homework, call me when dinner is ready." Logan said and went to his room.

"Spoiled and too much like your fucking father." I mumbled to myself and continued cooking.

*****FLASHBACK, 1997*****

"Paisley, you will be fine. It's just a new school." Donna my mom said and she dropped a 15-year-old me off at the new high school in Sudbury Massachusetts.

"Yeah in the middle of the school year!" I said as I just looked at the school.
"Do you want me to come in with you?" Donna asked and I shook my head.

"No mom, I can get to the office myself." I said and got out of the car.

"I hate this." I said and closed the car door. I walked into the school and straight to the office. The secretary smiled sweetly at me.

"Can I help you?" She asked and I sighed.

"I'm Paisley Daniels, I'm new." I said and she smiled.

"Oh yes, we were expecting you." She said and grabbed a stack of files and found mine.

"Your old school faxed over all your paperwork so we got your schedule placed." She said handing it to me. I sighed looking it over.

"We have someone who is in all your classes who offered to show you around all day if you would like." She said and I nodded.

"That would be helpful." I said and she smiled.

"Have a seat while we get her from homeroom." She said and I nodded. I didn't have to wait long until a skinny girl with semi long brown hair came walking in the office.

"She is right there." The secretary said and pointed to me. She walked over and smiled at me.

"Hi, I'm Tara." She said.

"Paisley." I said smiling.

"Nice to meet you, welcome to town." Tara said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I said as we left the office and headed to our first class. I was so nervous walking in knowing I would have to be introduced in front of everyone. After the first couple of classes it was lunch time.

"You can join me and my friends if you would like. It's just a few of us." Tara said and I smiled.

"Thanks." I said and she smiled. Once we went through the lunch line we walked up to the table that 2 guys and a girl were sitting at. Once we got to the table Tara kissed one guy on the cheek.

"Guys this is Paisley, she is new." Tara said.

"This is my boyfriend Ryan, my friend Chris and my other friend Ash." Tara said and I smiled.

"Hey, nice to meet you guys." I said with a slight smile.

"Did your parents really name you Paisley? Like after the print?" Chris asked. I looked at him annoyed.

"Chris, stop." Tara said.

"Awww are you just sad and lost without Pooh Bear here with you Christopher Robin?" I asked. Ash, Tara and Ryan all busted out laughing. Chris glared at me and I smiled.

"Christopher Robin and I walked along under branches lit up by the moon." I sang and Chris growled.

"Shut up!" Chris said.

"Oh stop Chris, you started this shit." Ash said. I smiled at her and went about eating my lunch.

"So where are you from originally?" Ash asked.

"Seattle. My dad got transferred here for his job." I said.

"Any sibling?" Tara asked and I shook my head.

"No, only child." I said and Chris scoffed.

"Must be nice. So do you have only child syndrome?" Chris asked.
"What's that exactly?" I asked him.

"Where you are always getting your way and always have to be right." Chris said and I groaned.

"Chris, seriously, just stop." Tara said and Chris groaned but half nodded.

"So what else should we know about you?" Tara asked and I shrugged.

"I guess just ask me anything." I said and we all laughed. Once lunch was over Tara and I walked to science class and I groaned as Chris walked with us and went in the same room. I walked up to the teacher and he smiled seeming me.

"Miss Daniels?" He asked and I nodded.

"Paisley." I said and he nodded. He handed me a book for the class.

"I'm Mr. Connors, I won't embarrass you like the other teachers have all day." Mr. Connors said.

"Thank you." I said and then he looked at the setting chart.

"There is an open seat by Chris." He said and I groaned.
"Problem?" Mr. Connors said and I shook my head.

"No, its fine." I said and I walked over to where Chris was.

"Really?" He asked annoyed.

"I didn't ask to sit her Christopher Robin so just deal with it." I said setting my stuff down and sitting down. The class started and I just ignored Chris staring daggers at me the entire class.

*****END FLASHBACK*****

I sighed thinking of everyone from my high school years once we moved to Boston. I left them all high and dry after graduation. Wasn't sure what they were even doing. I had known Ryan and Tara got married. Ash had gotten married, I wasn't sure what she was doing for a living though and Chris....well....Chris Evans is a pretty well-known name. Main reason I never let Logan see my yearbooks, he would noticed that really fast. I put the dinner in the oven and walked into the living room and grabbed the stuff from University of Massachusetts. I pulled out my cellphone and dialed a number.

"Hey Sweetie." Donna said answering the phone.

"Hey mom, we have a slight problem." I said and she sighed.
"Logan okay?" She asked and I sighed.

"Yes and no. He had college day today at school." I said.

"Okay, still not seeing a problem." Donna said.

"Is that Paisley?!" I heard a voice call out and I smiled.

"Tell dad I said hi." I said

"I just put you on speaker phone." Donna said and I smiled.

"So what's the problem kiddo?" Jimmy, my dad asked.

"The only college Logan is interested in attending is University of Massachusetts in Boston...." I trailed off and I heard them groan.

"The only one?" Jimmy asked.

"The only one he is fighting me on it." I said and Donna groaned.

"What are you going to do?" Donna asked.

"I can't really tell him why I cant go back there can I?" I asked and they groaned.

"Well have fun in Boston." Jimmy said and I groaned.