Chapter 5

I was about to walk into the restaurant when my cellphone rang.

"Mom come on." Logan said completely excited. I looked at saw it was Damian calling.

"I need to take this, just wait." I said and took a few steps away and answered the phone.

"Hey you." I said with a smile.

"Hey, how is Boston going?" Damian asked and I sighed.

"Well...his student advisor was a friend I had when I was here so we are getting ready to have dinner with my old group of friends." I said and I heard silence on the other end.

"Damian?" I asked confused.

"So you go from not wanting to see them at all on your visit to dinner with them?" Damian asked.

"Listen, I didn't plan on a friend of mine being his advisor. I'm starting to realize maybe it's time to stop running from my past." I said and Damian groaned.

"So are you taking the full week there?" Damian said.

"Most likely. There is some other things I want to show Logan especially if he is going to be here so it's better to do it now." I said.

"Well okay then..." Damian said and I sighed.

"We will get back around the same time so we will see you then." I said.

"Sounds good." Damian said.

"I love you." Damian said and I just looked at the ground.

"You too." I said and hung up. I looked at Logan and he was just shuffling his feet.

"Damian says hi." I said and he groaned.

"Stop Logan, Let's go inside." I said and Logan nodded as he opened the door for me and I walked. Tara was facing the door and saw me first.

"AHHHHH!" She screamed and came running up to me and hugged me. I smiled accepting her hug and then Ryan, her husband and friend of our group got up and hugged me.

"Tara, Ryan, this is my son Logan." I said and looked to make sure Chris wasn't there.

"He wasn't invited." Tara said and I smiled. I then saw a guy I didn't know.

"Hi, I'm Trevor, Ash's husband." He said extending his hand.

"I'm Paisley." I said and he nodded.

"Heard a lot about you." He said and I smiled.

"This is Logan, my son." I said as they shook hands. We all sat down and I sat on the other side of Ash and Logan was across from me next to Tara.

"So thank you for not inviting him." I said and Ash just gave a small nod. I saw Tara looked at Logan.

"Tara..." I said and she shook her head slightly.

"Sorry he just looks like...-" Tara said and I groaned.

"He isn't." I said and she sighed.

"Your positive?" Tara asked and I laughed.

"Yeah..." I said and we all laughed. We quickly ordered drinks and food.

"So we know you are interested in the University of Massachusetts. Where else?" Ash asked.

"Seattle University and maybe Arizona State." Logan said and I sighed.

"Arizona?" I asked and he groaned.

"Mom...please." Logan said and I just shook my head.

"Problem with Arizona?" Tara asked and I shook my head.