My war (keira knightly)

Y/n's pov:
September 1939

As another automobile passes me in town I see yet another poster telling young men and women to join the country to fight in the war.

I stop and stare until shortly after I feel someone link arms with me, I turn my head to see my beautiful fiancée Keira smiling brightly at me

I stop and stare until shortly after I feel someone link arms with me, I turn my head to see my beautiful fiancée Keira smiling brightly at me. That is until she turns her head to see the poster I'm starring at, "your not thinking about joining are you?" She says calmly.

"Unfortunately I am honey," I say as we start walking again, arms still linked together. I soon made eye contact with Keira to see the very sad expression on her face so I stop in the middle of the foot path and softly kiss her forehead and smile, "I know you don't want me to go but they need me honey,"

"What about me?! Your fiancée?!" She yells sadly and let's go of my arm.

"I-" before I could finish Keira runs off, out to our little cottage just outside of town.

Now that she's gone I rip another enlisting poster off the brick wall and walk to the the street to enlist myself... I know what's gonna happen to me but I still have hope that one day I'll be back to see my soon to be wife. As I write my name and fill out anything else I look around to see men between 18 and 40, some look scared others smiling but then there's a small group of people with neither expression... they're numb to it all. Which makes me feel a little unwell and nervous about what's to come but all I do is think of Keira and the love I have for her and I feel at ease again, so I grab my new suit and boots and head back home.

When I arrived back home I see my Keira standing at the front door with tear stained cheeks and frown that never left her face since she saw the poster in town. As I walked up to her I drop my uniform and gently grab her face, whipping the tears off her cheeks and kissing her soft salty lips. "I know you're going soon..." Keira whispers as new tears threaten to fall out of her eyes.

"I promise with all my soul I will see you after the war and we will get our happily ever after I promised you when you said yes," I promise as I hold her close to me in well deserved hug.

"Just come back to me... that's all I want," she whispers.

"I will... I promise..." I know I have no power over this promise but I'll try my hardest to keep it.

(3 September 1939. Keira's pov)

It's the morning of y/n going to fight in the war for our country... to say I'm scared would be an understatement. I love y/n so so much and I can not see a world without them, we met when we were young and dumb and now they're leaving me all alone.

I wake up to them stand in front of me with their uniform on and kissing my head trying to wake me up. "Good morning honey," they say with a sad smile on my face. When I open my eyes all the way I jump out of bed without a word and rush into the bathroom to get ready. "Keira- what are you doing?"